Chapter One: The End of the War

A/N: This is Part 2 to Callion! A New Life In DBZ. If you have not read that story then please read it. In my opinion, it's really good and it will explain to all who Callion is and what he's been through up until this point.

Give it a read. Enjoy.

...

Lazuli sat in her little apartment and watched the clock on her wall. It never stopped moving and it never went backward. Time kept moving forward and she knew it did, yet she wondered if it was ever going to go back. Go back to the day that 6 years ago.

She put down the small glass of alcohol filled with ice and leaned back in her chair. She crossed one leg over the other and continued to stare at the clock she finally gave up.

6 years and some months ago she remembered trying to revive him. She tried to revive the one she loved, but the dragon couldn't grant the wish. It couldn't bring Callion back to her.

Many tried to explain to her that it wasn't as bad as the dragon had made it seem, though she didn't listen at all. The only word that she heard was that Callion wasn't coming back.

Finally getting up from her chair, she walked into her room and noticed a figure flying outside of her window. It was the same person every day, and she was exactly who it was.

"Krillin," she said while looking at the bald figure.

"Hey 18," he said, using her given name instead of her birth name. "I couldn't sleep, figured you couldn't sleep either, and thought we could do some training."

She nodded her head and walked towards the window. Opening it up, the cool breeze rushed into her little apartment and caused her to shiver a bit.

Krillin noticed the action and blushed a bit.

"The usual spot?" Lazuli asked while stepping out into the cold night air. She carefully closed the window behind her and then looked at Krillin to wait for his answer. When he nodded she took off flying ahead of him. They had been racing to their battlefield for months now and she won every time even though she always got a head start.

Krillin wasn't slow in the slightest, but he wasn't fast enough to keep up with her.

When they reached the battlefield, they immediately began trading blows. A punch, then a kick, followed by a counter, and finally another attack. They continued for what felt like hours, though it was only just a bit under an hour before they finally stopped.

"We're both getting stronger," Krillin said with a smile on his face. "These late-night training sessions are really paying off. We can probably beat Gohan at this point."

"He's probably too busy playing superhero with that girl to try to focus on training," Lazuli said while sitting on the ground. "I don't blame him for not training as much though. He's young and deserves to have a normal life."

Krillin looked at her and nodded in agreement. "You're young too. Don't you think you deserve a life?"

"I work alongside Bulma at Capsule Corp. I think that I'm doing exactly what I like doing," Lazuli said with her head held high. "Plus I'm not that young anymore."

"You're in your twenties and it's been seven years since you first appeared. You're still young, especially if we're only counting how old you were based on your name."

"Why are we even talking about my age? We should probably get home so we can sleep before work tomorrow," Lazuli said as she stood up and stretched.

Krillin nodded his head and stood up as well. They both took off flying in the air and eventually reached Lazuli's small apartment window.