Chapter 28: Fighter Vs Z

Callion had been up all night waiting for an attack but none came. He'd sensed Krillin flying past his home as well as Piccolo and assumed they couldn't sleep from the anxiety. In truth, Callion knew exactly how they felt. Not knowing when the next attack would happen or if it would happen at all was destroying him mentally. The need to protect his family against an unknown threat was devouring him from the inside out in ways that didn't even allowing him to yawn without getting worried that his senses might dull.

So he watched.

Lazuli, Towa, and Zuko laid in his bed and slept like the dead. He watched as they breathed softly while trusting in him to keep them as safe as possible. They didn't have power anymore and it was cold outside at around this time of the year. They were all wrapped up in an extra blanket but Callion chose not to wear anything besides his sleep attire that only consisted of some shorts and a tank top. The cold allowed him to stay awake and stay vigilant which he was grateful for. Honestly, he didn't know if he'd be asleep by now if it wasn't for the cold and he was grateful for it.

The cries of police sirens rang all throughout the night but Callion knew why. People were still working hard to help the people in need but the death toll was high. Bulma was trying her best to find the dragon balls but her dragon radars were destroyed along with her home, forcing her to stay in Vegeta's run-down apartment. In truth, Callion respected the apartment a lot.

The lack of a dragon radar caused Dende and Popo to go out and gather the dragon balls to help Bulma so now it was just a waiting game.

Suddenly Callion felt an energy suddenly spike then drop back down before disappearing completely. Just as he was about to bend his knees to head toward the direction of the energy, he realized that Lazuli, Towa, and Zuko would be there alone without anyone to protect them.

His mind raced but he didn't know what to do. The energy signature was already gone so that meant that another attack could possibly happen out of nowhere. This time though, he felt the energy fully but it wasn't familiar at all. He needed to figure out what or if something had happened.

"Towa, wake up," Callion spoke in a deep and tired voice.

The queen slowly opened her eyes, leaned forward, and stretched her arms before suddenly remembering that Zuko was sleeping beside her. She flinched to the side and saw Zuko shift a bit and suddenly smiled at the action as if it was the cutest thing in the world.

"Towa, focus. Something might have happened and we need to check it out. I felt an energy appear in that direction then disappear after another energy disappeared before it."

"Wow. Do you think someone may have died?" Towa asked with a shocked look on her face.

"I don't know. That's why I want to go find out. Stay here and watch over Lazuli and Zuko for me. If you see anything suspicious, I need you to wake Lazuli and protect yourselves with everything you got. I promise I'll be here if you need me." He was so serious that his face seemed cold and angry.

She smiled. "You know I won't need you but I'll be happy for the help if you could. Though I'm sure I could handle myself." She could see the dark spots underneath Callion's eyes but didn't say anything about it. Her eyes turned to the chair on the other side of the room and noticed a dent in the spot that Callion must have been sitting in. It indicated that Callion had been sitting there for a while and when she turned back to look at her husband, she noticed that his shoulders were tense and his breathing was off a bit. She put a hand on his chest and noticed that his body was a bit hotter than normal.

He looked at her with questioning eyes.

She leaned forward until her lips were centimeters away from his ears. Her warm breath caressing both the outside and inside of his ears. "Hurry back," she said in a low and seductive whisper. When she pulled away, she noticed that Callion's eyelids had lowered slightly. She didn't get an answer, just a nod and suddenly Callion was out the window.