𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6

Alaric

"You sure you're not nervous at all? I mean, you're literally marrying Rowan's sister in law." Eden, my right hand man whispered as I was fixing my suit before going to stand near the priest, waiting for my bride.

"Why would I be nervous? This is a marriage of convenience, I know, but that doesn't change the fact that she would still be my legally wedded wife who I should treat like a queen." I replied, throwing a death glare at him.

"Right right," he whispered, rolling his eyes at me.

For a best man, Eden looked like he was attending a funeral. Dressed in the usual black suit we usually wore, the only thing that differed this outfit from the other ones, was the flower in his pocket.

As for me, my mother had forced me to wear a beige suit, which I hated to wear, claiming that marriage only happened once in life and there was nothing wrong in breaking my routine for this special day.

The door of the church opened and Rowan's daughter walked in, throwing roses along the red carpet.

"Oh damn." Eden muttered behind me but I decided to ignore him for now.

My eyes diverted from the little girl to the beautiful woman following her, dressed in a strapless embroided wedding dress, her long white veil covering her face with her left arm interlinked with her father's.

"She looks stunning."

"You better keep your eyes off her, Eden. She's my wife..." I cut Eden off in a cold tone while I couldn't stop watching Eveline walk down the aisle dressed as my bride.

My lips curved, not wide enough to be called a smile, and extended my hand forward as Richard slid his daughter's hand in mine.

"I'm giving you my most precious treasure. Treat her like the angel she is, else I wouldn't hesitate to kill you." Richard whispered in my ears, his tone filled with so much warning but not enough to scare me.

I was not scared of him but one thing I knew was that he didn't have to worry about the way I'd treat Eveline. Maybe I was not ready to get married but after laying eyes on her, I changed my mind.

Eveline glanced at me through her veil before turning her gaze to the priest but not without making sure I didn't miss the smile on her face.

I saw her smiling before but never as bright as right now. Whether she was finally accepting our relationship wholeheartedly or not, I hoped she was happy.

We pronounced our wedding vows like a normal couple, as if we had both been waiting for this moment our whole lives. It was crazy how few days ago, I didn't want to hear anything yet here I was today, sliding a ring in the finger of my wife.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Eveline froze for a second and I thought she would walk away, denying what the priest just said. But when she stepped closer to me, relief washed over me.

Lifting her veil, she greeted me with another breathtaking smile of hers as I leaned closer to her, her sweet vanilla scent filling my nose.

"I won't kiss you if you don't want to be kissed. It can still be faked."

"Do it Alaric. I won't stop you." she breathed, slightly tilting her head back, making hard for me to stop me from having a taste of her tempting red lips.

My fingers softly on her chin, I brought her closer till our lips touched blissfully and perfectly and it suddenly felt as if nothing mattered anymore.

Just a sweet taste of her, and she already left me craving for more. Before I could deepen the kiss, she slightly pulled away, leaving both of us panting.

Nervously licking her lips, she tried to avoid my gaze and I had to admit, it was adorable to see how shy she got just after a kiss we shared. A kiss that left me wanting more of her.

"You can enjoy your wife later, for now you've got a whole reception to go through." Eden muttered and thankfully Eveline didn't hear him.

"Are you ready?" I asked her, offering my hand to her.

Her soft gaze on me, she rewarded me with her sweetest smile before sliding her hand in mine and for a moment, I let myself believe that she was not pretending to be happy. As much as I knew it was a lie, I chose to believe that maybe she was actually happy she married me.

Either way, what really mattered was that she was finally mine, even though ours was a marriage of convenience, instead of a love marriage.

*********

Him

I remained still in my car, watching them calmly from afar. They truly looked like a happy married couple, as if they were always meant to be together.

But I knew better.

No matter how bright their future might seem to them at this very moment, none of them would ever be able to run away from their pasts.

Alaric tried to bury his pasts and he thought he did it perfectly but Eveline, she was never going to let go of her past but she would try to build herself a better future.

As much as I would like to see them happy again, I also envied what they had.

The scars were a clear evidence of what I went through because of them. While Alaric would be taking his bride away from the church for his wedding reception, I would still be healing from the wounds he afflicted to me.

And when those wounds would completely heal when he would be the one suffering. Till death.....

"You walked down the aisle to me,
You wear my ring on your finger,
Your name is now attached to mine,
Yet why does it feel like your own vows are meaningless to you?"
~A

**************

A/N: the last pov after Alaric's is from a new character. BUT you're free to guess who is it....