Chapter 1. Link Start!

*Home*

??? Pov.

*Beep 2x*

"!?!"

Great, what a way to wake up now.

I slowly opened my eyes and stared up at my ceiling before getting bothered by my alarm clock.

"God I don't feel like getting up now.."

I sighed to myself as I extended my right arm out and pummeled my alarm clock just so I could make it stop doing the noise.

Despite it being Friday already, I really wish I could just stay in bed for once and not go to school.

"Whatever, I'd rather not get dragged by my dad.."

I yawned as I got out of bed and looked at my alarm to see that it's barely 5 in the morning.

"When did I put-."

Whatever, I'll just change it when I'm out of the shower.

First, before I head to the bathroom to clean myself up, I stretched out my arms and legs until I dropped down and began doing 3 sets 35.

Once I did that, I switched over to 4 sets of 20 for sit-ups.

After that, I sat down on my bed and checked my phone for any notifications from friends or apps.

"Hmm.. Forgot Xur doesn't come out until 10 which is during school."

Good thing Light.gg isn't unblocked on the school's computer.
(I constantly go on that website when I'm at school lmao)

Then, I tossed my phone away, grabbed a new towel from my drawer and headed off to the bathroom.

*Short time skip*

After I finished using the bathroom, I went back to my room and changed into my school uniform and headed downstairs with my stuff where I saw the kitchen light being left open.

"Oh. You're up earlier, Isao."

Did I forget to mention my name?

Forget it, my name's Isao Kikuchi, that's all you need to know.

"Mornin'."

I yawned, still feeling tired and all as I eventually saw my mom set breakfast down on the table while my dad was reading a newspaper.

Random fact, my dad here is straight up American while my mom is a mix of Japanese and Chinese, so you can technically say that I'm basically Asian American.

"Dad, did you change my alarm?"

I asked.

"Yep. You need to wake up earlier for once in a while and of course, you're going to be walking to school for most of your time until we both feel like picking you up."

He replied.

"Good point on that."

I sighed as I went to grab a toast and took a quick bite on it.

"By the way, Isao.. Do you know what today is?"

My dad asked.

"No?"

"THE RELEASE OF SWORD ART ONLINE BETA MA BOI!"

Oh yeah, the new vrmmorpg made by Akihiko Kayaba.

"And good thing I pre-ordered that shit! Including the official once it is fully released!"