Chapter 8

I was very nervous. A dinner with Gale. Dinner with a person I love. If this is a dream, I wish I never wake up.

I hear my phone vibrate on the counter, I rush over and see a text message from Gale.

Gale: Hey, where r u-?
Me: At home.
Gale: Alright. Getting ready rn. 
Gale: I'm omw.
Gale: I'm outside your door.
Gale: Pls reply.
Gale: I'm gonna cry.
Gale: I'm on the floor, wiping my tears off.
Gale: If you're doing this on purpose, please stop. you're scaring me.
Me: Sry, I forgot I had a phone.
Me: And I had to fix my face up.
Gale: :')
Gale: I'm sad now. I want hugs.
Me: Ur messages are very cute.
Gale: You're much cuter <3
Gale: Knocking now.

I hear a knock on the door. The gentle knock, the one that was pleasing to hear. Gale was here, and I was panicking, frantically running my fingers through the array of perfume bottles in my wooden drawer.

I don't really remember too much about my love life, let alone my actual life, so for me, this is as nerve-racking as a first date—I mean, it is technically the first date for me. My first date after getting amnesia, of course.

"Coming!" I yell out, as I try my best to spray every single part of my dress with the Chanel perfume I randomly grabbed.

I'm guessing I was a goddess at fashion, but even If I try to look like one, all the fashion juices left my head, leaving me with no taste for what looks bad and what looks good.

I ended up choosing to wear a short white dress and a denim jacket—Very plain. But it's alright, it's a date with Gale, how bad could it be?

Walking to the door, I get a whiff of a lavender scent coming from outside the door.

"Christy, are you alright? You sound like you fell." I hear Gale say from outside.

"Yep, I'm good," I say as I pick up the remote that fell from the table.

I crack open the door and see Gale carrying a bouquet of roses.

"Woah—"

"These are for you." He says, handing them to me.

"Wow! Thanks!" I say, hugging him afterward. "I never knew you wore glasses."

"My last pair broke, I just got these yesterday." Gale parts himself and peruses me with his hands still on my shoulders. "You're beautiful, Christy. I love your dress, it looks really good on you."

The way he said it made me feel tingles throughout my body. It was like his words wrapped around me and gave me another warm hug.

I was flustered by his compliment, and I wasn't able to reply, I just stood there like a statue.

"Are you finished getting ready? Or—" Gale says, pulling his hands away from me. "Do you still need some more time? I can wait."

"Oh. Yeah! Totally. Let's go." I say, shutting the door behind me.

We walk to his car and he opened the door for me—like how a gentleman does— and I hop in.

He turned on the AC and I get a whiff of the scent of lavender that hit my nose as his perfume mixed with the cold air coming out of it.

"New car?" I say.

"Mm-hm. The other one. . ." He trails off, shaking his head and running his thumb over the wheel. Flashing a small, yet cute, smile. "Nevermind." 

I twist my head and give him a quizzical look. "The other one? You have another car?"

"Nothing," Gale looks at me and shakes his head. "It was nothing."