Hope, love, death Part 8

Terry retreats to his office.While his guests are enjoying themselves in his club, he prefers to think about what to do with Leena.Then there is a knock on his door.He picks up a paperweight and angrily throws it against the wall."Goddamn it, can't a man get five minutes of privacy in this fucking whorehouse?"A woman enters his office."Is that how you greet everyone?""Oh, it's you.Sorry sweetie, come on in, I'm sorry, it's been a shitty day.Please sit down."The woman sits down in an armchair and places a file on the table in front of Terry."I'd like to point out that I'm not one of your bitches, so I'd appreciate it if you'd call me by my name, Monica."Terry replies angrily, his face drawn with fatigue, he slaps his hands in front of his face."Alright MONICA, what do you have for me?""It's on the table in front of you.""That's it? A fucking file?""I gave you everything the police know about Leena.That was my job, that's all you wanted.""Yeah, yeah, all right."Terry opens the file.Fuck."What, Terry?""Shit, Monica, did you look at the file?""What's so special about it?""Damn, those photos.Did Leena do that?"Monica answers with a certain indifference and coldness in her voice."As it seems.""Who the hell is this woman?""Oh, you mean the one Leena spread in pieces on the kitchen floor of her house?""Yes, that's the one I mean.""Olga Zararova, nobody knows anything more about her except that she was a prostitute.Look, Terry, I know you feel responsible for Leena, but..."Terry replies gruffly, "but what?Leena has been through hell for the last 21 years, my brother deserves nothing but death.""Terry, open your eyes," Monica opens more pages of the police book, "look at this, she didn't just kill your brother and that bitch, Leena executed them both.Leena cut out the heart of her father, your brother, while he was still alive.""Since when did you get so squeamish, Monica?It's not like you haven't done bad things, really bad things.""I just deal in information, and here and there I do a special favor for good friends."Terry gets up, sits down on the table, and looks at Monica threateningly."What do you think these people are doing with this information?""It's none of my business.""Oh, Monica, it is your business, you are partly responsible for the bad things these people do, including me.And so are you one of the bad guys, or girls.""You don't scare me, Terry.""Do I look like I'm trying to scare you?"Terry goes back to his chair, lighting a cigar with relish."You think I don't know that Leena is dangerous?What she did to James.Let's not kid ourselves, in the end she'll try to kill me too, at the latest when I've lost my value to her.""Why would she do that? You're helping her.""Tell me, Monica, have I told you the story of the frog and the scorpion?""No, but I can't wait to hear it.""So listen.Once upon a time, a frog and a scorpion met by a lake. The scorpion asks the frog, "You frog, can you take me across the water?"The frog replies, "Sure, but don't sting me or we'll both sink."So the frog helps the scorpion, because it is in the frog's friendly nature, even though he knows that the scorpion is dangerous.The two cross the river and the scorpion stings the frog.The frog asks, "Why did you do that?" and the scorpion replies, "Because it's in my nature."Monica has to smile."So if you are the frog and Leena is the scorpion, why doesn't she sting you right away?"Because the scorpion is also a hunter, and a hunter doesn't kill its prey as soon as it sees an advantage, but when it can achieve the greatest possible effect.But don't worry, I have Leena under my control.And to keep it that way, I have an idea, but I need your help.""And how can I help?""Well, first of all, I need your persuasive skills.Leena has spent many years of her life pretending to be someone she's not.And that's exactly what we're going to use to our advantage.""You're going to betray Leena?""Absolutely not.I love Leena like my own daughter, even if that's hard to believe, and I want to protect her.And that includes protecting Leena from herself.So Monica, here's what's going to happen..."Terry explains his plan to Monica, but she's not thrilled."And you think it's going to work?""Oh, it will work."