Hope, love, death Part 7

I didn't know what Terry was, but he was no ordinary man.He wasn't just any pimp.He sat back, lit a cigarette, smiled at me and continued."You know Leena, I once knew a man named James, would you like to hear his story?"I nodded in agreement."So James was actually a good man, he lived in Talinn with his wife and daughter and worked in the nearby port of Muga as a dock worker.The family never had much money.To support the family, James often performed as a pianist, he was very good.In general, he was artistically gifted.The family didn't have much, but they were happy, everything could have been so beautiful.But as life goes, the family had to cope with a blow of fate, the family experienced many blows of fate, but this time it was really tragic.James wife was raped by a psychopath one bad night and as if that wasn't bad enough, she also got HIV.And although James did everything he could to see his wife happy again, his wife couldn't handle the pressure, she decided to take her own life, but not alone, no, she wanted to take her daughter with her.James was confronted with the shards of his life.He had to watch the car with his wife in it burn out completely.He could only save his daughter.He injured his hand so badly that he could never perform as a pianist again.He vowed to his daughter that he would always be there for her, that he would love her more than anything, that they would start a new family.And his daughter did the same.Yes, James was obsessed with the idea of having a happy family again.And his daughter was obsessed with the idea of seeing her father happy again.His daughter sacrificed everything, her childhood, her youth, her body, her life.He couldn't play the piano anymore, so she learned to play the piano, he couldn't paint anymore, so she learned to paint, she did everything to please her father.She sacrificed everything, just everything.And how did he repay her?"I answered."I have no idea?""Shit, neither do I!Think I'm crazy, but I have a feeling that the mother knew what a monster James was, and that's why she decided to kill herself and her daughter.And Leena, what do you think?How did the story turn out?"I leaned over to Terry, "You think you know me?""I don't believe in everything, Leena, but I know some things.""You know shit, Terry!You don't have the slightest idea what I'm like, nobody knows what I'm like!"Even though I yelled at Terry, called him names, he stayed calm, he just stroked my cheeks."Oh Leena, the words that come out of your mouth are not the words your eyes speak.The deep sorrow, the unimaginable anger.James just took it too far.Oh Leena, I know more about you than you can imagine.""What do you mean?""Why didn't I betray you when I could have?You were unconscious, I could have just dropped you off at the police station and no one would have known I was there.Why should I help you?I don't seem to get anything out of it.""Maybe you want to force me into prostitution?"Terry just looks at me silently."Yeah, well, I'm used to getting screwed by the whole world.Let me guess, I'm way too short and ugly to work in your nice whorehouse here.Right?""No, Leena, I know you've spent the better part of your lifestealing, lying and hiding behind your innocent exterior.You've been through hell, and how could I please make fun of a person who has been through hell, or make them do anything?So, to make a long story short, I'm going to tell Monica that you're conscious, she's going to take another good look at you, you can figure out what you'd like to eat, oh, and don't worry, this one' s on the house.And one more thing, only Monica, Percy and I know who you are, the others don't, they think your name is Esther," Terry pointed to my Bible, "that should work for you."Terry was about to leave,"Hey, before you go, I want to know one more thing.""How do you know?""Do I know what?"The thing about the car, that my father rescued me from the car, nobody knew that but my father and me."Simply because James told me."Why would my dad tell someone like you and who, how did you know my dad?"I thought I was prepared for everything, but then...."Because James was my brother".He just smiled at me and left the room.I felt like time had stopped, that my blood was no longer flowing through my veins, and I felt like I was losing my mind.