From the Ashes

A/N: Italics indicate a flashback. 

Lizzy peaked around a large maple tree as a shaky breath escaped between her pink parted lips like wisps of clouds. She looked at the snow covered terrain behind her as flakes fell gently from the sky. Her heart thundered in her chest as she listened. All was quiet. She couldn't stay there for long. He'd find her.

He'd always find her.

She brought the hood of her green woolen jacket up on her head. The coat was warm and fell down to her knees. Green might've been a smart choice in the spring. She'd blend right in with the greenery of the trees and foliage. It was winter, though. Snow was all around, as if they were trapped in a snowglobe together.

She heard a snap and her heart nearly leapt into her throat as her seafoam eyes darted in the direction she had heard the sound. She paused and part of her wanted to die right then. Just give up, give in. Let him take her.

No. She couldn't make it that easy. And there was no way she'd be able to fight him. Running was her best option. Her only option.

Just like a doe.

She took a few deep breaths, reminding herself to keep breathing. Then she was off, running. Her hood fell from her head and her ginger waves tumbled loose behind her as her boots crunched against the ground.Her senses were on fire but she didn't dare look back nor pause. Just keep running.

She rounded the terrain. Now she knew where it was safe and how to avoid the ravine. Just keep going. You can make it.

Her feet crunched as she ran past a large rock formation, her breaths jabbing her lungs like icicles, when long arms reached out and grabbed her. Her heart leapt again as she was lifted off her feet. She choked on a scream as she kicked out, being pulled into his large, strong frame.

"Gotcha!" His deep voice came, and he brought her to the ground. Her head laid back in the snow as she looked up at him wildly as he smirked down at her, his black hair falling down like a curtain around them His jade gaze bore into hers before he reached, grabbed her chin with his fingers and rolled her head to the side before he leaned down and lopped the side of her face with his tongue.

"Ugh!" Lizzy protested, kicking her feet against the snow, "Peter, I'm all for you living out your Big Bad Wolf fantasy, but do you really have to lick me like that?"

"I thought you liked it when I licked you," Peter chuckled as he propped himself up on his elbows and smirked mischievously down at her.

"Well...okay, yes, I usually do. The whole side of my face though?" Lizzy asked as she giggled, wiping her cheek with the back of her black glove.

"Sorry, baby," Peter chuckled before he leaned down again and pressed his lips against hers tenderly.

Lizzy sighed into his kiss as they shifted in the snow. She felt his gloved hand cup her cheek as he deepened their kiss, his tongue flicking against her lips. She hummed as she tried to wrap her legs around him, but the bulk of their winter clothes made it more difficult. She broke their kiss as breathed as she felt his lips meet her jaw.

"Fuck! Do you...want to do this here?" Lizzy asked between breaths as her eyes opened wide, looking up as the frosted tree branches that stuck out around them, flakes of snow continuing to fall like powdered sugar.

"Yeah...kinda," Peter chuckled before he propped himself up again, looking down at her and meeting her gaze, "But I can wait. What do you want to do?"

Lizzy bit her lip as she looked at him, "How close are we?"

"Very close now, Angel," Peter responded.

"I want to see it," Lizzy responded.

"Okay," Peter nodded before sitting up on his knees. He stood before he leaned down, clasped her hands in his, and pulled her to her feet with ease. He brushed the snow from her woolen coat as he met her gaze again, "Are you getting cold?"