Prologue

♡————————————-♡

♡————————————-♡

*BeEp*

*bEeP*

*BEeP*

The vermillon digital alarm clock shook as it rang, signaling that it was a new day.

**SLAM**

Nevermind, the once brand-new alarm clock was abruptly stopped by a (s/c) hand as it battered the machine to silence. Off went the covers of her (f/c) duvet, sliding off her with ease as she stretched for the day. 'My back is killing me,' she thought to herself in distain. Though it was her fault for binge-watching anime all night without properly resting.

(Y/N) was as average as any teen can get. She thought so, at least. They were a bit chubby, had some acne here and there, didn't really like dressing in bright colors, hated dresses and girly things, preferred to wear baggy clothing, loved anime and other franchises, and struggled with trying to fit in. She was really socially awkward, which is why having friends and making them was very hard.

Unfortunately, as for the poor young girl, (Y/N) had woken up extremely late. You may think that this isn't a bad thing, but let me remind you of what day exactly it is today. It's MONDAY! and she was supposed to get ready for school hours ago. (Y/N) looked over back at the clock, doing a double take. "Oh, Shit!" She cried out in disbelief as she saw the clock hit ||8:30 a.m.|| She was late to school, and she was still in her pajamas.

She dashed to her dirty clothes hamper, rummaging around for her school uniform. Clothes were thrown about here and there, littering the floor until she found her prize. "Ah-ha!" she held up her wrinkled uniform in pride as she started to quickly put it on.

(Y/n) was indeed lucky that her parents weren't home at the moment, or else she would have gotten the lights knocked out of her from her stupidity.

♡————TIME SKIP—————♡

Finally, she was ready, besides her disheveled look, which signified that she had recently woken up. "This will do for now." (Y/N) patted down her uniform before leaving her room. Walking down the stairs to the main entrance, she looked around the spotless house, noticing that her parents had cleaned up before heading to work. Looking for her backpack, she headed towards the living room, seeing it settled on the coffee table with a note beside it from her mother.

(Y/N) smiled softly, glad that her mom was always looking out for her

(Y/N) smiled softly, glad that her mom was always looking out for her. Her mom wasn't always present because of work, but she made sure that she was present in Y/N's day-to-day life. Like making lunch, being with her daughter before work, or just generally spending time with (Y/n) so she doesn't feel so alone.

Slinging her backpack around her shoulders as well as pocketing her note to read once again later, she headed out of her home, ready to start the day. "I wonder if I can ditch the hall monitors today... I don't want a slip." She rolled her eyes at the thought of how stupidly strict her school was. Her sneakers padded quickly across the pavement as she rushed to school. Looking at the time on her phone only made her run faster; it was only getting later and later by the minute.

||9:15 am|| The clock read as time only began to tick away as she kept stalling. "Screw it; maybe I can see if there's a shortcut." She headed over to a different path that led to her school. It seemed to be better since there were neither cars nor people in sight, which was very lucky for her.

"Meow!"

The sound was faint but grew louder as she got closer. Nearing the street ahead of her.

"MEeEwR!"

(Y/n) saw what was making the noise, and it was awfully loud too. "A cat..." her face scrunched up in worry, looking at the crosswalk that it sat in. "Hey! Kitty kitty! Move out of the way!" she yelled out for it, hoping that it could walk towards her or scare it off at least. The cat raised its head, now looking into her eyes, and continued to sit, minding its own business.

"MrOw!"

(Y/N) threw out hand signals, waving her arms crazily to scare it. "For crying out loud, can you move your furry butt?" The cat looked at her smugly, not moving an inch. (Y/N) knew that she could have left it alone, but what if the cat got hurt? She would be the last thing it obviously saw before its demise. Shaking her head in distain, she ran over to the crosswalk, rapidly pressing the button so it could change to walk. "I'm coming, kitty. Please stay there!" she yelled out to it as she ran on over to it.

Walking over to pick it up, she sighed in relief, noticing that it was just fine. 'Why were you screaming so much?' she grimaced from the previous way it acted before. She gazes at the peculiar cat before heading to the other side of the crosswalk. The cat looked behind her shoulder, its fur on end, as it jumped away from her. "H-Hey! Why are you running away!?"

*HoNk HoNK*

(Y/N) turned in the direction where the cat ran off, only to be faced with a speeding truck.

"Oh, Fuc—"

Her sentence wasn't completely uttered since the truck had already impacted her. A (f/c) backpack flew in the air, tattered, releasing papers as it scattered everywhere. The young girl's body wasn't recognizable; it was crushed beyond recognition. Her arms and legs mangled beyond belief, and half of her torso was missing. It was straight gore. The velocity of the truck rammed so hard into her that it practically split her in half, taking some of her with it as it still sped off.

'Mama....Papa... I don't want to die yet...' A (s/c) hand gripped a rumpled-up piece of paper, a note from her mother. The last thing she could only hold in her finale moments. She slowly stilled, (e/c) closing in utter peace as her whole life up until now flashed through her eyes. From birth to birthdays, to being in her room alone, crying or laughing, watching her favorite shows, being with her family, and up until now. (Y/N) had a wonderful life, yet it was cut too short.

'What is this light I see....?'

♡——————————————-♡

A/N: Hello, This is the rewrite of chapter one! I hope you like it! This was out of boredom, and yes, my writing is kind of bad, but remember, this is for my own entertainment!

(Y/n): Your name or preferred name
(f/c): favorite color
(e/c): eye color
(s/c): skin color
(H/C) (H/L): Hair color and length
♡—————————♡
Talking: "Hello."
Thoughts: 'Hello.'