Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: Cᴏᴅᴇ Rᴇᴅ ♡︎

- Later that night -

The whole car ride El was asleep on my shoulder. Once we got to the cabin I woke her up. "Come on el, we're here already." I said gently shaking her. She slowly opened her eyes then looked at me. "oh mkaayy" she said slurring her words because she was so tired.

We walked into the cabin and went straight into el's room. "I'm gonna go get dressed in the bathroom." El said grabbing clothes. "Okay I'll wait." I said sitting on her bed. She walked back in. I looked at her and blushed.

She was wearing shorts with one of my hoodies. "Did you steal that last time you came over?" I asked giggling. "Yes indeed I did. I love wearing your hoodies there so comfortableeee." She said hugging it. "Oh alright." I said still blushing.

I started getting blankets on the floor and getting a pillow. "What are you doing?" El asked confused. "Getting the floor ready so I can sleep?" I responded also confused. "Hey, I'm not let you sleep on the floor!" El said. "Well where else am I supposed to sleep.?" I asked. "In my bed with me, duhh. It's big enough for both of us." She said laying on the bed.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna be a pain." I said fidgeting with my fingers. "Max you're not a pain, it's fine come sleep with me I'm not letting you sleep on the cold floor." She said with a serious face. "Okay okay fine." I said smiling.

I got on the bed and got under the covers. "Goodnight Maxie." She said rubbing her eyes. I blushed at the pet name. "Goodnight Ellie" I said with a pet name also. She smiled and almost immediately feel asleep. I turned around went to sleep too.

- In the morning -

"GUYS DOES ANYONE RESPOND?! THIS IS A CODE RED! I REPEAT A CODE RED!" I heard Dustin yelling in my walkie. I groaned and reached over for it. "go aways we're sleeping." I said turning off the walkie and going back to bed. Then I heard the phone ring.

I whined and got up annoyed. "I said go away-"
"Max don't hang up this is an emergency." I heard Will say."What is it?" I said kind of scared. "Max just come to Mikes basement in 15." He hung up. I just stood there and was thinking what it could be.

"Max..?" I heard a sleepy voice say. "Oh good morning El." I said smiling. "Good morning." She said putting her head back down. "Actually el, we have to go somewhere.." she sat up and looked at me confused. "Where? It's 7:42." She said. "um..Mikes." She froze.

"W-wait why?" She asked clearly scared. "I don't know, Will said it was an emergency." I said. "Oh.." she said. "Hey it's okay, if it's truly an emergency he won't try to pull something." I said walking up to her and sitting on the bed. "Okay." She said. "Let's go get dressed." I said. She nodded.

I wore a white shirt with a red hoodie, black shorts and my red converse. El also wore a white shirt with a yellow cardigan, Jean shorts and white converse. "Ready?" I asked. "I guess." She said shrugging. We got on my bike and went to Mikes.

When we got there we ran down the stairs. I saw Mike immediately staring at El. I felt her grab on to my arm. "Its okay." I whispered. She nodded. We sat on the couch away from Mike. "So what is it?" I asked. Everyone looked at Will. "I um.." Will started. All of a sudden Nancy,Steve and Robin came running down the stairs.

"What the hell nance??" I heard Mike say. "Guys this is an emergency." Nancy said. "What is it now?" Mike said. "We think he's back." Steve said. Will froze and looked at the party. "We think that too.." Lucas said. "There's been unusual activity all over Hawkins and people are disappearing." Robin said.

"Wait who's "He" I asked confused. "The mind flayer.." El quietly said. "Oh." I said. "Anyways, i have been feeling him in me again." Will said. "At the movies, outside, even at the hill." Will said. "I kinda been noticing Billy acting unusual.." I said. Will looked at El. "Where is he right now?" El asked.

"Oh he's at his lifeguard job at the town pool." I said. "Let's go." Nancy said getting the car keys. I was confused but just followed them. We ran to the car. I got in,then Will,Lucas,Dustin and El and Mike were last. "Sorry El and Mike you have to sit in the trunk." Nancy said. El looked at me scared but didn't say anything. They got in.

I heard them talking but they weren't arguing so i didn't think anything of it. I heard sniffing so I turned around. I saw El and Mike both crying with their head on the window. I was confused.

We got to the pool and got off. I pulled El aside to talk to her. "Hey why were you crying?" I asked wiping her tears. "Oh it's nothing." She lied. "El i know your lying." I said. "Me and him broke up.." she said smiling. I smiled back. "I'm proud of you." I said hugging her.

"Hey lovebirds we have somewhere to be." Robin yelled. I blushed and so did El. I wasn't sure why she blushed though. We went behind a few cars looking for Billy. "Found him." I said starting at him on the lifeguard chair. Will rubbed his neck.

All of a sudden Will,Lucas,Dustin,Mike, and Steve got up and ran to the boys restroom. "Where are y'all going?" El asked annoyed. "To talk! Boys only." Mike responded. She rolled her eyes. She looks so cute when she does that.

I felt a tug on my arm. Robin. She dragged me to the other side of the pool. "Dude. What the hell?" I asked. "Max, Eleven totally has feelings for you!" She said excitedly. "One, she doesn't she's straight, two, don't get my hopes up for something that's not true." I said crossing my arms. "Then explain why she blushed when I called y'all lovebirds." She said also crossing her arms. "She was probably embarrassed!" I said.

"Why are you so excited anyways??" I asked. "Because y'all are my favorite ship." She said. "So are you and Nancy but looks like we both don't get what we want." I said back. She blushed at her name. "How did you kno-" "I have my ways." I cut her off and walking away.

I walked back and saw el sitting by herself behind a car playing with a bracelet I gave her. I smiled at seeing how adorable she was. "Watcha doing Ellie?" I asked her sitting next to her. She smiled at me. "Waiting for you and Robin to come back because I was bored, but now you're back!" She said leaning her head on my shoulder. I blushed.

I saw Robin smirking. I eyed her and pointed at Nancy. She immediately looked aways flustered. I smiled. I felt el's head lift off my shoulder as she stood up. "The boys are back." She said. I rolled my eyes annoyed since they ruined the moment. "So what did y'all talk about that was only between the boys apparently?" Robin asked annoyed.

"So we came up with a plan."

1256 words