Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9: Bɪʟʟʏ ♡︎

I saw Billy in the next aisle. I whispered to Robin, "he's here!" Her eyes widen. I picked up El and we slowly went to get the others. I found them by the frozen foods. "He's here come on." Robin whispered. Their eyes widen in fright but they obeyed. We slowly walked outside the store. But then stupid Mike stepped on a empty chip bag.

We slowly turned our heads. We saw Billy looking at us. We all ran inside the car rushingly. We all got inside and locked the doors. Steve scrambled through the keys. "HURRY THE FUCK UP HARRINGTON." Nancy yelled. He got the keys and started the car and took off. I held El tightly scared to let go.

"Now where will we go?" Robin asked rubbing her forehead. "Starcourt." Steve blankly said. "Why the hell are we going to a damn mall?" Dustin asked. "Shut up Henderson." He said. I looked at El and she was blankly looking outside. "You okay Ellie?" I asked rubbing her arm. She nodded.

We pulled up into the Mall and ran in. El was leaning against the wall. Me and the others were thinking of what to do. "Well I still have those fireworks." Lucas said. "Lucas what the hell are we gonna do with fireworks??" I said. "Throw them at the mind flayer, duh." He said in a sassy tone. I all of a sudden heard a thump.

I turned around and saw El on the floor crying. I ran to her and got down on the floor. "El? What happened." I asked. She didn't respond she just looked like she was in great pain. She started slow blinking. "Hey hey, no el stay awake." I said shaking her. "ROBIN NANCY HELP." I yelled. They ran over here and saw El.

Robin helped keep El awake while Nancy checked her ankle. "Oh shit." She said. I looked at her ankle and saw it was huge purple lump that was bleeding uncontrollably. There was something..moving? "I think there's still a piece of the tentacle in her leg.." Steve said. He got up to get stuff. I had El in my arms and on my lap. I was caressing her hair. Steve came back with some supplies.

He put gloves on and had a knife. "Okay El, this is going to hurt like hell, alright?" He said getting the knife. "O-okay.." she said in between sobs. He started cutting her skin. She started screaming in pain. "STOP STOP STOP." Robin yelled noticing El was about to pass out.

Steve stopped and looked at El. She was breathing hard and shaking. I couldn't handle seeing her in so much pain so tears were streaming down my eyes too. "I-I can do it.." she said. Steve nodded. She sat up and hovered her hand over her ankle. She started screaming.

The glass broke because of how loud she was screaming. She pulled out a small tentacle and threw it. A boot stepped on it.. Hopper. Hopper was with Joyce and this weird man with a beard and glasses. "Okay, what the hell?" The beard man said. Hopper ran to El and picked her up. "Are you okay El?" He said. She didn't answer.

She was still silently sobbing. "I-It hurts.." she said faintly. Hopper took her to a bench and laid her down on his lap. "Okay, can someone explain what the hell happened?!" He said stroking her hair.

- after explaining -

"Oh wow okay." He said with wide eyes. "So does he know we're here?" Murray said. (He told them his name) "I don't know.." Steve said. Will had his hand on his neck. "He's here.." he said scared. "Okay, put the plan into action." Hopper said. I grabbed El and put her on my back and ran while Robin and Nancy followed.

We went into the empty gap and went behind the counter. I put el down and she looked very weak. "Okay, remember me and Nance are gonna keep a lookout for that weird gutty thing and Billy." Robin said holding an axe while Nancy had a gun. "Keep El safe." Nancy said leaving. I nodded.

- 6 minutes later -

Nancy and Robin had been talking but now it was quiet. I peaked out the counter and saw Billy walked in the store. My eyes widened as I put el on my back and quietly went out the store through the back. I turned around and didn't see him. I heard thumping within the area. I saw the mind flayer.

I ran as fast as I could with el still on me. I led it back inside like the others told me. I saw them at the top holding fireworks. I tried running up the escalator but Billy beat us.

Everything went black.

805 words (sorry for the short chapter)