Cyborg

The next morning, Bucky and Steve were in the kitchen, making pancakes. "Could you go grab Dawn? She should be awake." Asked Bucky, flipping pancakes and still slightly groggy.

"Sure," Said Steve, walking towards the room Dawn had been given. It was still pretty bland, he should help her decorate it today. Little did he know that this would have to wait. He walked in, looking for Dawn. But instead he saw a mess of metal, artificial parts. He blinked, not comprehending who had taken over Dawn's room. He saw an arm, almost exact to Bucky's, without the star, and on the right side. She looked up, throwing her cloth away. He arm-it-it-reassembled. This person had been....cleaning it? He looked at her face, and almost fell over. Instead he just stumbled back. It was Dawn. And-her face-it was-was-missing, almost. a cybernetic eye took up nearly half her face. When had this happened? She had looked normal at the orphanage.

He had to be dreaming. Hallucinating. This wasn't real. Not-true. And he believed this. Until she started talking. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Shit, I thought he told you. I-I know, it's bad. Shit. I'm sorry. I just-sorry. I'm-bye" And she ran out of the room before Steve could calculate what had happened.

When he heard her yelling in the kitchen, he rushed back out, steeling himself. "You warned him about nothing! You didn't tell him about the arm, the eye, you didn't tell him jack shit and now he's going to want me to leave, because you didn't tell him!"

Bucky sat there, looking guilty, and like he was going to cry. She started crying first, and Bucky grabbed her, and gave her a big hug. "I know, I'm sorry. I didn't expect you to be cleaning it, and I wasn't thinking. You would have had to tell him anyways. Do you want to tell them all at once? It might be a lot, but you wouldn't need to repeat it."

"Okay. But I'm not showing them until the end. I'm turning the hologram on now." and She reached up behind her ear  with her metal hand, and pressed a button. All evidence of anything mechanical faded quickly, and soon she looked normal again. Right then Steve walked in. Dawn saw him, and she walked out. "I'm going to find Natasha" she called, fighting back tears.

"Bucky. I'm sorry, its my fault, I didn't know-" Steve began.

"No, its not your fault, You couldn't have known. Shes going to tell everyone her story now. Can you send out a message and ask them to meet us down here? I'm gonna go rescue Natasha...."

This time Steve stopped him. "Bucky. You're not mad at me, are you?"

Bucky stopped. he looked shocked Steve would even think that. "Of course not Steve. I'm just worried about Dawn. You understand, right?"

"Of course, sorry. Go do what you're gonna do, I'll send out the message." Bucky seriously wanted to kiss Steve before he walked out. He didn't.

They all met in the living room on Bucky and Steve's floor. All of the Avengers looked confused, especially Pietro and Wanda, having just shown up a few hours ago, after making peace with the X-men. As they settled, Dawn started her story.

"I was born in the 1930's. I grew up an orphan, left at the orphanage at the age of two. Bucky's parents adopted me when I was twelve, after rotating homes and being rejected each time. I wasn't expecting his house to be any different.