I

Elluria was a princess, but she never really felt like one. Her grandmother always told her stories about how is her life supposed to be. She need to be pretty, so price charming would fall in love with her. She need music lessons so prince would be charmed by her beautiful voice.
And the most important - she must always be prepared. That means she always need to look like today is the day she will meet love of her life.

She has everything she wanted and no one was expecting anything from her. She just needed to learn how to be pretty and marry a rich man.

From her young age, she was doing anything her family told her and she really became perfect beautiful princess. Her long brown hair was long and shining, and always in different hairstyle, her skin was soft and her cheeks red. She had pleasant voice and her teachers learned her sing beautiful songs. She was the jewel of her family.

Only thing that she wasn't perfect at was being happy. She was doing everything they want from her, but none of these things makes her happy. Sometimes she would just lay on the grass in the garden and look at the golden ball, she received from her mother on her sixteenth birthday.

Today was extremely hot day and she needed to hide somewhere from the sun, so she choose the place near a small pond. She has never been here before, but the trees provided a pleasant shade. She sit on the grass and she rolled up her long skirt. Why must she wear this awfully hot thing even now?

She put golden ball next to herself and tried to put her hair in a bun. She did not notice that the place where she was sitting was slanted, and so the ball rolled straight into the lake.

„Oh," she sighed and jump on her feet. The ball was made specially for her, it was clear to her that her parents paid lot of money for it. She couldn't lose it.

The best idea would be to call someone for help but that was not something that Elluria would do. She wanted to be alone as long as it was possible. Even if that means she need to go to the lake.

She quickly took off the top layer of her dress, and carefully went into the water just in her petticoat. The lake wasn't deep, just up to her knees. The water was clear and water lilies were swimming around. She look around for the ball. After a few minutes she found something golden at the bottom of the lake. She reached for it, but she slipped and fall into the water.

She stayed there sitting in the lake, and pull out the ball. At least it's not broken, she thought. The golden ball was looking exactly same as it did before few minutes. The same could not be said for Elluria. Totally wet, just in petticoat, sitting in the lake. Typical princess would be freaking out right now, but Elluria was enjoying it - the feeling that everything she was doing right now was just her stupid decision.

As she was smiling for herself, she noticed something move near her. She turned slowly to the right side and saw little green frog. It was sitting on top of one water lily, and it was looking right in her eyes. It was kinda scary, but she was definitely not going to judge book by the cover.

„Hi little thing," she said to it, even when she knows that it can't understand her. She tried to touch it, because she has never done it before, but the frog fastly jump to the side.
I should expect that, she thought.