VII

Marine always hated when things started to be the same every day.  That's why she never managed to learn magic.  That's why she never wanted to spend much time at home.  And maybe that's why she never had real friends.

She felt most alive when she was discovering new things. As if she was created for that.  For fun, adventure and adrenaline. And befriending Elluria was just another mystery to discover at first.

Marine thought she had everything under control.  But then she started falling asleep thinking about Elluria's beautiful brown eyes or counting the minutes until Elluria came to the garden.  As if she was under some sweet spell.  But being closed in her room every day and doing mostly the same things - that was exactly what she didn't want.

But she didn't want lose Elluria either. So she needed to get this things work together. Elluria plus adventure plus fun. It didn't seemed so hard at all. Elluria will surely want to do something exciting instead of being closed in that palace. She just needed to figure out how exactly the princess can leave the palace without anyone knowing.

They were sitting on Elluria's big beige soft bed, on opposite sides, looking at each other. „So there is no secret door or something that no one is guarding?”

Elluria sadly nodded. „Belive me, I have been trying to find secret way out of here my whole life. No hidden door, no hole in fence, every exit is guarded or locked.”

Marine sighed. If she were on Elluria's place, she would go crazy.  It was literally like being in prison. Didn't her family think of Elluria's feelings?  Even though she was smiling, she looked like she couldn't breathe.

„Wait,” Elluria said. „You can unlock the locks!”

Marine ashamed looked at her. „I can't do that.”

„What?”

„I can't do that, okay? We need to find different way.” She said, maybe angrier than she wanted. It was just — what kind of wich can't open locked door? It was one of the easiest spells. Everytime she needed to explain someone how clumsy she is, it felt worse and worse.

„Okay,” Elluria said peacefuly, like she understood her insecure. „ Let's think of it. When we first met, I mean when you turned to human, you said that you can turn me into a frog. Can you do that? ”

„That's almost only thing I can really do. So, yes.” Marine smiled. „But you said you don't want to.”

Elluria laughed. „I will be fine with that. I mean, If you promise to turn me back to human. I don't hate frogs that much now, but that doesn't mean I want to be one for the rest of my life.”

„Fine, okay, we can try it.” It could work, Marine was really good at this changing into a frog thing. The thing was, she had never try it on someone else.

They came to the garden and hid behind the trees so no one could see them.  Elluria smiled as if she was really excited about it.  They stood face to face, two steps apart.

"Closer," Marine said intently. It will be safer if she holds her hand. Elluria came closer and Marine took both of her hands in hers. She closed her eyes and focused only on the spell.