XII

„Where are we going exactly?” Elluria asked.

Marine was really excited to take her to that special place. And she did not wanted to tell her what it is. „You will see when we get there. Hurry up.”

As they were going deeper into the forest, around familiar trees Marine seen anytime she went there — what was almost every day. Elluria stopped asking questions that were fighting the silence between them from the beginning of the walk.

Marine slowed her tempo and turned at her. „ Something wrong?”

„No, nothing,” she said but it wasn't very convincing. „Just — are you sure we won't get lost? ”

„ I'm one hundred percent sure we won't get lost. I have been going here for a really long time.”

„Okay,” Elluria nodded and move her eyes from Marine to trees around them. Marine smiled and combed her hair with her fingers as she speed up.

They stayed quiet until they reached two really big trees. (With Marine's name carved into them.) That was the sign they were almost there.

Marine turned around and smiled. „When we will walk around these trees, we're here. In my special place.”

„Let's go. I haven't walked this much in a long time. I really need to sit somewhere,” Elluria smiled and followed Marine's steps.

And after a few more steps they were there. Small peaceful green meadow, narrow river of  crystal clear water, and old looking wooden bridge above it. Marine didn't known more beautiful place as this in her whole life.

She discovered this place when she was eleven and she has been going here almost every day since than. When she needed to think, or cry, or just relax after a long day and didn't want anyone to see her. It was the only thing she didn't want to ever change.

„Wow, this is really something gorgeous.” Elluria seemed to be as overwhelmed as Marine was when she first got there.

Marine laughed and lay on the grass. „Don't you ever show this spot anyone! It's my secret hideout.”

"Okay," Elluria agreed, sitting down next to her.  “But you showed me, so now it's not just your secret place.

"That's right. It's ours now," Marine said as she started playing with the grass. "I think you need to hide here more than I do."

Elluria smiled kindly, but she stayed more quietly than Marine would expect. Did she said something bad? She was just trying to show her that she wanted to share something with her.

Elluria sighed and lay down on the grass too, turned face to face to Marine. Neither of them would say anything, so they were just... looking at each other.

Marine was trying to save every part of Elluria's face deep into her memory. Like she  wasn't doing that every time she get the chance to look at her without her knowing. But this was different. It was like Elluria gave her the permission.

„You are the most beautiful princess I've ever seen,” she said really quietly, but they were so close she was sure Elluria heard her clearly.

If she would say this a few months ago, Elluria would get crazy and didn't know how to react. But now, she learned how to play this game.

So she said, without even thinking: „You are the most beautiful witch I've ever seen.”