Chapter 11: Confrontation

JAKE DAWSON:

As much as I wanted to tell Gabi about Jack and ruby's special night aswell, I couldn't.

I knew I needed to tell her, but it just felt so wrong to tell her.

When I found out Gabi and Jack had sex, I was surprised. I gained this feeling, that even I didn't know how to describe myself.

Would you call it envy? Would you call it Jealousy?

But what I was more worried about was the fact they had sex while both of them were drunk and indecisive.

I felt a little guilty for some odd reason. I'm not the one who had drunk unprotected sex, but I felt a sense of guilt.

Maybe I should have stayed with her, maybe I should have just not gone in the first place.

The next 4-ish weeks back at school after were just boring.

Although we had Friday night games, nothing out of the blue that was interesting.

School, practice, work, eat, repeat. For 4 weeks.

I needed a break, with the end of October creeping around, football season gets serious with playoffs and state.

Lately, juggling sports,and trying to keep my calculus grade up was starting to get to me.

It slowly slipped down each week. From a B-, to a C+, now currently sitting at a 73.

Coach says I need to get a tutor, but I think I'll be fine until the end of football season. One I know if I got any good offers for college, then I'll focus on my grade.

                                 •••

GABRIELLE ANDERSON:

The next 4 ish weeks after our trip was quite busy for me.

For some reason, I came back from California, and I was like this insanely popular kid. People wanted to talk to me, and to add me on snapchat, or get my number. And I don't even have a clue why.

Jack and I have been hanging out alot. Our close "platonic friendship", as you could say is pretty strong. I have this bond that feels unbreakable.

While I've been hanging out with hannah, ayden, Lucas, Jack, and all these people at parties, and get together at dinner, I barely have time for homework.

My mom says I should get a better grip on my grades, but i think I'm fine.

I have all A's, and one B. But my mom says it's unusual since I usually have all H's.

(After school one Friday evening.)

"Yes I'll see you tonight!", I say waving to hannah.

My phone dings and i pull it out to see a text from Shyanne.

Shit. I've been so busy I haven't even texted her much lately.

Shyanne: Can you come over we need to talk.

I type back: Sure im on my way!:)

I drive about 5 mintues outside of town to shyannes fancy farmhouse style masion.

I ring the doorbell, and shyanne opens the door. I got to step in but she stops me.

"Stop.", she says.

"Woah whats wrong?", I ask her.

She suddenly gets very angry.

"You Gabrielle!! You is what's wrong!! I missed you so much during your trip, and expected at least a hello when you came back!! But you don't know what I  got?!", she explains.

I pause, "shyanne I'm really sorry I ju-"

"I don't wanna hear it Gabrielle! You've turned into this fake friend, going to all these parties doing these things, that I know aren't you!!! You've turned into this completely fake person. You don't care about your real friends! You have ditched me for people who only wanna be friends with you because you had sex with Jack Lewis!!!"

My heart drops. "W-what..?"

"Yeah Gabi. People nowadays find that having sex with someone popular is cool.", she repeats.

I shush her, "No. No. How do you know that happened?"

Shyanne crosses her arms, "Ruby knows. She said she saw you two go into a bedroom together at a Penthouse party in Cali."

My throat swirls. Oh no im gonna be sick.

Shyanne sighs, "Listen Gabi. Straighten up. Your throwing everything you have away just to be cool. Your grades. Your dignity, and most importantly your self respect. Until you get your priorities straight, I can't be friends with you Gabi."

Tears well in my eyes, as I try to hold back my word vomit.

"I can't watch you throw away your life to be something your not.", shyanne says before shutting the front door.

I turn quietly and walk down her steps, and walk down her driveway to my car.

My stomach keep turning. Oh gods it's coming, actual throw up.

I throw up at the end of her driveway by her mailbox.

Maybe she's right, maybe I am throwing my life away. Or maybe she's wrong, and maybe I've just changed.

Either way all I was fixated on was if Shyanne, a quiet girl, knew about me and Jack....

...Who else knew?