XVI - f a m e [ P A R T 2 ]

Welcome to the second part of the story. Tell me how you like it x

Album I:
1. Woman
2. Only Angel
3. Sweet Creature
4. As It Was
5. Kiwi
6. For Your Love
7. Snap Out Of It
8. Just a Little Bit Of Your Heart
9. Reflections
10. Sex, Drugs, Etc.
Genre: pop rock, soft rock, indie/alternative

[]

5 months later

Camila's POV

"Mila, did you see my watch?" Shawn yelled from the other room. Standing in front of the mirror, I was putting my earring on. I answered without taking my eyes off the earring. "Downstairs, on the table."

"Thank you, love," I heard him yell again, and I could not help but roll my eyes. Ignoring the disgust his answer caused in me, I fixed my hair. We were going to the VMAs, and I had an intense feeling that something was to happen there. It was probably due to the chance of running into her. In fact, it was inevitable, because her band was one of the nominees for the best group, the video and the song of the year. They had become really famous in merely a couple of months.

Shawn was waiting for me in the living room. Walking down the stairs, I heard a familiar song from the TV. As I stepped down the last stair, it felt like I was stabbed in my chest. I lost my breath. Her song was on the television, the song that she wanted to give me in the beginning.

My teeth bit my lower lip, hoping it would prevent the tears from falling.

5 months ago

"From the beginning, Camila, once again," the producer told me from behind the glass. I could only nod my head. He put his headphones back and restarted the song. I gathered all my power to sing the lyrics she had written, which I perfectly knew were about me, about how I ruined everything.

"I don't ever ask you where you've been,
And I don't feel the need to, know who you're with,
I can't even think straight but I can tell that you were just with him,
And I'll still be a fool, I'm a fool for you," I tried so hard to fight the tears and not to let my voice shake, but I just could not.

"Just a little bit of your heart,
Just a little bit of your heart,
Just a little bit of your heart is all I want," my voice finally cracked during the end, giving my tears away. I shook my head and stopped singing. I knew I just could not sing this, it was too painful. I stepped back as I took my headphones off.
The producer looked at me questioningly. I sniffed, "I'm sorry, no. I just can't do this one. I'll choose another one for the album."

"But this one will be a great hit," he insisted.

"I don't care. Please," I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand, "I'll do another song. Give this one back to her."

"But you can't just-"

"I'm done here," I said, getting out of the door.

/

I gulped down hard seeing her live performance on MTV.

"Ah, you're ready?" Shawn turned to me as he looked at me up and down.

"Close the TV," I said sternly.

Although he was puzzled in the beginning, when he saw who was singing, he took the remote and closed the TV, not questioning it any further. He looked at me with worried eyes. "You miss her, don't you?"

Avoiding his obvious question, I just walked towards the door. "Come on, we're gonna be late."

[]

Y/N's POV