24

The dancers were chatting calmly in the centre of Studio A, when Kate rushed in with four big, brown boxes stacked up on a trolley. "Guys! Our costumes are here!" she called, full of excitement. Everyone's spirits were immediately lifted, Regionals were practically next door now, and they still hadn't had a glimpse of the outfits. "Here, come on, check!" she said, handing Ava a box.

West began to unfold the carboard on top and pulled out... a fluffy pirate hat? "What is that?" Riley asked, staring at it in confusion. This was definitely not what A-troupe ordered.

"Hold on, hold on. Maybe it's just that box," Kate said, before the team began to panic. Emily opened it to reveal are massive lions head. "What kind of world are we living in?"

"These aren't our costumes," Emily exclaimed.

James pulled some rabbit ears onto his head. "Man, what is this?"

"Look, I'm going to go make some calls, okay?" Kate stressed as she began hurrying back into the office. "Put those back," she said, gesturing to James' bunny ears and the pirate hat currently on Ava's head.

The team were about to begin rehearsing again when Emily congratulated Stephanie rather loudly and pulled her in for a hug. "On what?" the brunette asked.

"I can't believe it!" Emily carried on, although Stephanie didn't look as excited. "You're going to guest star on a TV show! Yeah! Guys, guys! Stephanie got the part! She actually got the part!" The dancers began to clap and cheer for their team mate, who now had the slightest smile.

"Yeah, I got a role on a TV show as a gest star, but they're filming the same weekend as regionals," she announced, making a few dancers gasp and look at Stephanie like she was crazy. She couldn't leave now, Regionals was days away and they had no alternates.

"Well, you have to come to regionals," Michelle said. "I mean, we've worked so hard and you're a part of the team."

"All right, guys," she sighed before walking away from the group.

~ ~ ~

Emily and Michelle had come up with the idea of looking in the costume cupboard for anything that could be helpful, so the team put their juices down and rushed to Studio B. Ava hoped that there would be something but the last time she went in there the only thing noticeable was a giant grape costume, which she was positive wouldn't be helpful.

Before anyone got a proper look, James had dashed out sporting the infamous chicken head that he wore for the boys' prank. "The chicken bird!" he yelled in a spooky, ghost voice.

Emily and Giselle dragged out a rack of wacky costumes, whilst Ava and Chloe opened a cupboard filled with hats, headpieces, masks and feather boas. "Eldon, you have to be the white rabbit!" Emily exclaimed as he put on a white mask.

West was wearing a rather disturbing cow mask and began mooing, purely for the nostalgia from when the boys got kicked out of the Brighter Brightest rehearsal. "No farm animal sounds!" Emily pointed a finger at him.

"I think my costume was amazing," Ava shrugged. "Everyone else, though. I can't say the same." She was wearing some blue fairy wing and a matching dress that was slightly big, but nonetheless, it was better than everyone else.

West looked like he had piled on as much as he could possibly wear, Chloe was an astronaut, Emily was some woman from the 1500s, Giselle's was definitely a favourite, her giant grape costume was beautiful, Tiffany's was alright, it was a yellow, black and white clown dress with a frilly tutu. However, grapes, tutus and astronaut costumes were not for the stage.

~ ~ ~

The dancers were sat on the floor, whilst West performed a very impressive flip, when Giselle walked in carrying multiple bags of clothes and a very snazzy blue hat. "Hey guys!" she called. "I got some costumes!" She emptied the bags onto the floor and everyone began trying on different clothes. It was definitely a very army-couture look.

Ava was wearing a red camo top with some green cargos, that were definitely a few sizes too big, and a black, camo baseball cap.

The music began to play and it was already clear that this was going to be a disaster. Ava's costume was the first to slip as her cargos were now at her knees, along with that, there were hats and scarves littering the floor. At the partnering section, she practically nocked poor West over, tripping over her own feet. The tumbling section came with a few bruises and the turning section was a bit like a clothes war zone but it was fun nonetheless.

"Okay, no," Emily laughed, as they came to their end position. "These costumes are not working."

~ ~ ~

Miss Kate had cut off anymore talk about costumes after, the team had got into an argument about whether choreographing a new routine for the clothes they did have was a possible idea. Some thought it was possible some thought it was completely out of reach but everyone knew that it probably wouldn't turn out as good as their current dance.

Stephanie had decided, much to everyone's relief to decline the guest star offer and dance with the team at Regionals. That was, if the costumes arrived, of course.

"I told the kids the costumes are coming because that is they need to be worrying about right now and, in truth, they are coming... just, um, not to us. When you check the tracking number they're in Florida, which... isn't really a direct route to us, but uh... you know I'm not in the courier business."