Chapter 15

As Jonathan told me about what happened to Ethan. I sigh and admit my defeat. "Alright, I agree. I will marry you, but on one condition." He nods expressing that he is listening, "The marriage will happen three months from now. If you don't agree, then I don't mind that doctor dead or even the evidence you have of my parents. I will look at it myself and kill them all including you." He smiles and replied, "Alright, deal." He gives me his hand, but I walk past him and walk towards the door, "Clean this mess, before my whole guard finishes you all." I walk away, smiling at the corner of my lips. 'You'll just wait and see, Mr. Smith.'

Jonathan also smiles and said to himself, "Ha, that girl is really interesting." Then, he looks at his men and orders them to clean this up and made sure that they don't have any marks left behind. "Clean it, or we will die in Ms. A's hand." He walks past them and leaves.

Again, after two months, this is the reason why Uncle Marco and Uncle Joseph visited me, but I don't have a choice, until Mr. Smith give me all the evidence, I will just have to wait. But I am still working on it with Andrew and Annie. I don't give Mark a heads up because I don't want him to trouble his life for his family. I am looking out the window drinking my tea when my fiancée interrupted my moment. "Hello, Anna did I come at the wrong time?" I turn around and look at him to smile and reply, "I am alright, but why are you here?" "Am I not allowed to visit a friend?" I smile at him thinking that he and I became friends. For those two months of bond and talking, I acknowledge Jonathan as a friend to keep him beside me in case he did something behind my back. "Not really, but I thought you are busy in your clan? Is everything alright already did you clean Felipe's mess?" 

After Jonathan and I announce our engagement, Felipe constantly destroys the Smiths' property and authority. Knowing that he cannot fight me, he just put his anger towards Jonathan, that is why I am helping him grew his entire clan safe and stable. "Yeah, it was a bit of a hassle but I can manage thanks to your support." "No problem, how about a dinner outside the country? I would appreciate it if you would offer it to me." I smile, and he did, "Sure, where do you want to go?" I think for a moment, when my phone interrupted us, "Excuse me but I need to answer it." "Sure, take your time, I'll be outside." He kisses me on the cheeks and left. I pick up the phone and it is Andrew. "Hello, what's wrong?" Andrew sighed and said, "It is about Felipe, he did something two months ago. I think you should hear it." 

I listen to Andrew's words as my eyes open wide listening to his horror evidence. "The reason why Doctor Blackwood left without goodbye is that he was completely destroyed by Felipe. I found out that he tortures him because he thinks that you have a relationship with each other, and to hide his story, he made Ethan Blackwood forget who he is and bring him to Australia." I sit down on the couch trembling at Andrew's words. Then, I realized what Jonathan said when he is talking about Ethan, "I know where he is, and even if you save him. It might be too late." Now, I get it, Jonathan Smith and Felipe Constantine are allied to corner me between them. "Anna, are you still there? Hello?" Andrew is speaking at the end of the line. "Yes, I am still here. Now I know what I am going to do. I am going to Australia."

Jonathan and I flew to Australia as I recommend. 

The plane landed in Australia, and I order my guards to stay behind. I will just call them when I need them, Jonathan did the same and we ride in the car. He insisted to drive but, I did not allow him, and I drive the car. So, he asks me something, "Australia... interesting choice of place, but why here?" I smile and stop the radio, to reply. "Nothing, it's just I saw a catalogue in the hospital about Australia and I got curious for a moment, so I wanted to try." He looks intently at me, while I focus on the road. I keep glancing at him giving him a smile, "Why are you staring? Is there something in my face?" I wipe my face but he stops me grabbing my hand and he said, "No, not really, but I am just admiring you right now. You, I never saw you smiling like this to anyone before." "Really? I smile when I have to." "Yes, I know. It just, I know it is fake, but your smile right now is real. And I think I am falling in love with you right now." I hit the brake, and the other cars bump behind our back. "Shit. I will deal with you later,"

I walk out of the car and apologize to all the drivers that I have damage in their car. I give them Mark's number for them to call him about the damage I had made. No one get angry at me, because they know who I was, so I easily slip inside the car and we left. 

Inside the car, I drive away in the city and found myself driving near the sea. I walk out of the car and Jonathan follows. "Anna, wait!" I look at him and wait for him to walk beside me. I know his feelings are already in my hands so I can continue to act silently. We sit on the bench and, I started to speak, "Look, Jonathan, I know we had an agreement about the marriage. But I don't intend for you to fall in love with me. The things that matter is only for our clan. There should be no feelings or you'll end up eating your emotions until you cannot handle them. So, I hope you stop whatever going on in your heart or mind." 

He continues to look at me, and smile. He sighed as rest his head on the back of the bench and laughed. I got confused as his emotion is different from what I have thought but instead, he is laughing. "Do you really believe that I fall in love with you?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I ask confused then a message appeared on my phone and it is Andrew, "Anna, it's a trap, he knows about the plan and he knows that you knew about his collaboration with Felipe."