Chapter 24

Inside the women's bathroom, Jonathan walks inside the room and we talk. 

"Where are you going?" He asks. "I am leaving, I still have something to do before uncle Joseph does what he wants to do with me. Thanks for the short comfort anyways." I walk away twisting the door when Jonathan speaks, "I can help you get your revenge." I stopped and waited for him to continue, "Andrew, Mark, and I have a plan. We are going to help you." "So, they are with you, thank goodness they are safe. Take care of them for me will you." 

I ignore his remarks when he continues again, "I have the evidence of your uncle talking to someone planning your parents' death." "The evidence is already gone. Stop digging, you are only making your own grave." Then, Jonathan walks towards me and turns me around making me look at him, "No, we are not. Go out and see it for yourself." "What should I see?" I ask, but he slightly pushes me away from the door and kills the guards who are waiting. Then, on the loudspeaker, something is playing.  

"You know what to do, kill them without making it related to me. Make sure to pass it out and talk it out with others. If the organization found out, my position and control, I will lose it. Make sure you do it well Jonathan, or I will make sure you go down with me." As I heard Jonathan's name, I step back realizing the man who help me today is the one who help to kill my parents. He looks at me with a hint of sadness in his eyes, then he walks towards me. "I will explain later come with me." He drags me out of the room and I just found myself in the parking lot. 

I remove my hands from his grip and pull the gun in his back pointing it at him. "Why?!" I shouted out of anger. "Why did you do it? I thought you are my friend. Why lie to my face? Why?" He tried to look at me but shame follows in his eyes. "No, I... thought when I go to your clan... I will follow you as your servant but I... Instead, I was asked to follow your uncle and become his servant, without realizing that the people I killed are your parents. I am sorry for everything Ms. A, truly." He finished explaining himself when cars started to drift in the parking lot. I grab Jonathan in the neck whispering in his face, "Let's talk about it later, my uncle will kill both of us if they catch us both. Give me your keys I'll drive." He gives me the key to his Lamborghini car and I started the engine. 

Six black cars are already blocking our way. I look at the side of the parking lot, seeing the river. "Jonathan, hold something. I need you to think fast." "What?! What are we going to do?" "Just trust me." I hold the steering wheel, stomp the gas of the car, and drift to the left. I continue to drive without seeing what is on the other end of the path. Jonathan grabs his knife and gives me his gun. The car jumps out of the parking lot down to the river and we jump out before it completely goes down. We dive into the river when a gunshot shoot at the water. We swim under the bridge on the beach and hide. Jonathan tried to catch his breath while I do the same. But then, my heart aches a bit and I sit down on the sand.

"Ms. A, are you alright?" Jonathan asks me, but then my eyes started to close and I collapse. When I woke up, I found myself in an unrecognized room. I sit down and grab my gun when the door opens up and someone came in. "Wait! It's me, Andrew." 

Andrew came in the door, "Andrew?" "Yes, it's me, Anna. You are safe now." I sit down again and lie on the bed. "Where am I? Where are we? Are you with Annie and Mark?" I asked. "Yes." I looked at the door and see Annie. "Annie." I stand up to walk to her when my knees suddenly drop to the floor and I fall down. "Anna." Annie worriedly runs towards me. "I am fine." "No, you are not. Your body is very weak because you have been not eating these last few days. Why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you following your uncle, when you know you have done nothing wrong?" I keep my mouth shut and avoid looking at her. 

"I know I should fight against him, but the fact that he got you in the neck that day. I cannot do something that will kill you all. I know it might sound like an excuse, giving him all my assets and the companies that I built but I only give it to him because everything that it has will go down with him as well." I look into her eyes, and Annie and Andrew were surprised. "What do you mean? Everything you built will go bankrupt? But you have everything." Andrew said. "I know, but I already prepared this plan in case the real killer shows his face and take everything that I have. That is what I have been doing before leaving Australia." 

I have kept my files, and change my assets. Build a secret company with the people I completely trust and slowly ruin everything in the I.M.O and my companies. I already have this plan to bring down whoever claims to kill or admit the responsible person who killed my parents. Andrew and Annie smile at me and Mark comes in smiling as well. "I am glad everything is within your grasp, Anna." I smile at Mark, knowing that he did help me through this plan. I already know his loyalty to me when we talk alone in Australia. He also is the one, who gave me the details about Jonathan and Senior Escobedo. "Thank you for everything Mark. But even if the plan succeeded this time, I know my uncle will always find a way to go out in this mess."