CHAPTER 9 - WORK STARTS NOW

KAYLA

"Ah, you're the new social media team member?" Before I knew it, it was already Monday and I had to go to the company. They told me to go up to the fifth floor and asked around. The girl that I met the first time on the fifth floor gave me a once over when I asked her about the social media team. But she led me the way at last. She told me to just wait there as the others were still in a meeting. After waiting for ten minutes, people started to come into the room but no one noticed me yet. Not until I cleared my throat.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" one of the guy with glasses and dressed in sweatshirt and baggy pants asked me. I bowed and told him that I was the new social media team member. "What? You're the new worker? Wait here, I'll get the team captain."

Once the team captain came in, he told us to go to a meeting room and introduced me to the whole team.

"Anyway, team 2, one of you must go on tour next month," he announced. "You'll be working with the translators and marketing team and documented the whole tour. Make sure to update the social media and filmed a lot of footages for the youtube channel."

I saw around the room and everyone looked excited at the mention of going on tour. I nudged the first guy that met me earlier, "Why are they excited to go on tour?"

"Team 2 is the one assigned to GOT7, that's why they're excited. Those boys are always on crack while on tour. It makes the social media team works' easier but gives the marketing team headache," he chuckled as he explained everything in a hush tone. "By the way, which team are you on?"

I shook my head, "I don't know yet." I was about to talk for some more when the team leader interrupted us.

"Woy, new girl," he called for me. "You can speak English and Korean, right?"

I looked around in hesitation and nodded, "Yes. But my written Korean is not that good yet," I quickly added as I sensed something wrong with the whole situation, with all eyes looking at me now.

"You also have a passport already since you're a foreigner, am I right?" the team leader continued and I nodded reluctantly. "It's a New Zealand passport right?" Again, I nodded at his question while my confusion grew. "Then what about you tag along with another one from team 2? It'll be a good opportunity for you to learn quickly while on the go, and it will make it easier for us since you can already speak two languages. Since you have New Zealand passport, it'll be easier for you to get the visa as well since New Zealand passport is one of the strongest passport in the world," he explained and suddenly I felt chill ran all over my spine as all eyes threw dagger at me.

"No sir," I shook my head, "I don't think I'm ready to go this soon. Maybe you should send the other and let me learn here first," I refused the opportunity and I believed most of the people in the room agreed with my opinion, but apparently the team leader had a mind of his own.

"No no no, it's a done deal. Okay, let's draw a ballot to pick which one of you that will go with Kayla here," he clapped his hand and soon people started to write down their names on a piece of paper and put it into an empty paper towel box. The team leader shook the box and pulled a paper, before announcing, "The one that got to go with Kayla is ..... Minji."

A girl with black hair with blue tips at the end squealed in delight while the others murmured their envy. People on her left and right congratulated her for winning the lottery and soon the other exited the room, leaving me, Minji and the team leader.

"You girls should meet with the marketing team and production team to discuss everything needed for the tour. Ah, and Minji," he stopped on his track from exiting the room when he remembered something. "Introduce Kayla to the boys. She should familiarize herself with them. You know how crazy they can be, so she should brace herself," he shook his head and chuckled while leaving the room.