For your own protection

Your doorbell rings. You slowly get up from your bed and move towards the door. The person in front of it seems to be in a hurry to see you because he starts knocking loudly on the door.

As soon as you open the door, a very agitated Eddie storms into your apartment.

"Thank God you're still alive. I thought something had happened to you." Eddie comes up to you and almost crushes you with relief. "Why" he presses the first kiss on your head while holding you in his arms. "Were" the next kiss. "You" third kiss. "Not" the fourth kiss, this time on the forehead. "In" this time on the nose. "School?" Finally he reaches your lips. His hands move from your sides up to your face and hold your cheeks.

"Eddie!" You push him away from you. "You have to stay away from me for a few days. You can't touch me." Eddie makes a hurt face and slumps his shoulders.

He thinks you want to take a break from your relationship. You're immediately feel bad for what you said. "Baby, I didn't mean it like that." You want to go towards him and reach out your hand to him. But you stop moving and explain why he needs to stay away from you for now.

"You have to stay away from me for now because I have a cold. I don't want a break. I just don't want to infect you."

Eddie, now quite relieved, comes up to you. "I can't and I don't want to stay away from you that long. Who's going to take care of you then?"

"But then you'll get sick, too." You take several steps backwards until your back touches the wall. If Eddie had changed his mind, he would have had the chance to move away from you to protect himself. But he comes towards you with big steps. Until he stands directly in front of you.

"Y/N, then I'll just get sick. I have to take care of you. Does his husband leave his wife alone when she is sick? Does he stay away from her?" He looks at you questioningly. Since you do not answer, he continues. "No! And that's exactly why I'm not leaving you alone right now."

He puts his hands next to your head and bends down. "Do you understand, darling?"

You just nod and turn your head to the side. His hand leaves its place next to your head and wraps around your chin.

Eddie turns your head back in his direction and puts his fingers under your chin. This is how you have to look at him. His fingers push your chin up slightly so that he doesn't have to bend down too far.

He gives you a passionate kiss. He presses you lightly with his body weight against the wall.

When he detaches himself from you, he stares briefly at your lips. Then he walks into your kitchen as if it hadn't just happened and asks: "Shall I make you some tea?"

Speechless at how quickly Eddie can change the subject, you don't answer. After a few seconds he shouts the question again: "Princess, would you like me to make you some tea?" "Yes, please," you answer and move to Eddie in the kitchen. He has already started to make the tea without waiting for your answer.

You just stand in the doorway and inwardly accept that Eddie will even get sick for you just to make you feel better afterwards.