Bookstore Friends, Also Making a Kid Cry ( chap 2 )

It was the next day, at the weird duo that I keep seeing is... amusing? Though they stay true to the weirdness factor they have. I'm glad no one got hurt from the explosion, in fact... Why do they even allow that guy to do "experiments" on school grounds!? I shivered at the thought, I feel like my safety just dropped to zero, maybe even below zero. I sighed and tried to clear my head, but Rui's excuse keeps playing again and again in my head.

"Don't worry sir! The explosion is safe, I won't hurt anyone." He said with a smile at the teacher. The teacher just rubbed his forehead and gave them both detention. I kinda felt bad for Tsukasa though, it was clearly obvious that he was dragged by Rui into this act of his. After sending them in detention, the teacher apologized to me and my aunt, but surprisingly, my aunt just laughed it off. And unfortunately for me, I didn't get to go to the bookstore.

Getting off of my bed, I told myself I'll go to the bookstore today. It was 8:05, and I know that most people are still in their homes. Well- minus the early birds, I guess. I grab a jacket from the closet and put on some pants. Since I'm just wearing a white shirt that has a biiiiiig hole behind of it, I doubt that people are going to notice it when I wear the jacket. Anyways, when I went down, I noticed that aunt Yuga isn't anywhere to be seen. As I try and search the living room, I saw a note on the counter top.

'Hey dear! I am currently running some errands today, I made you food before I left so eat up. Do be safe if you're gonna go out, oh and avoid weirdos :)

Love, Aunt Yuga'

I folded the letter again and placed it inside my pocket. I ate what my aunt made for me and started the day.

__________

The walk to the bookstore was quite tiring, I don't usually walk to places since my aunt always insists that she'd drop me off to the place every time. I took deep breaths for a minute and entered the bookstore. It was quite empty, but that's fine since I'd rather avoid social interaction whenever I'm looking for books. As I walk to the the bookshelf, I notice a girl rummaging through the 'Art book' section. I wonder why she's doing that... She's mumbling something, though I can't seem to get what she's saying.

"Ugh- seriously! I can't see that damned book-" She exclaimed, which in return she got some 'shushes' from the receptionist. She rolled her eyes and continued on what she was doing a while ago. She notices me looking at her, and looked confused.

"Do you need something?" She asked me, in which I shooked my head. "No, I just can't help but notice you struggling with something." I said, and she just sighed.

"I can't find this specific book- it could really help me give motivation to draw again." She said. "Uh, maybe you can help me find it? You seem to be good at books and stuff." She looked at me, wanting help. I gave her a nod, and decided to help her.

"Whats the title of this book you're looking for?" I asked the girl. She seemed to give it a thought and looked at me. " It's "The Artists and The Art". That's the title." Ohh. I see why she can't find the book. She's rummaging through the 'R' section. This shop stores the books alphabetically. That's why she's having a hard time.

I gave off a small chuckle, and then proceeded to explain to her why she's having a hard time in finding the book. She flushed and then proceeded to mumble to herself. In the end, she found her book. In which she was very happy about. We chatted for awhile, as we introduced ourselves. I learned that her name is Ena. Ena told me she went to Kamiyama too, and she got excited.

"Oh! So you're the transferee in Kamiyama, well then. Just tell me if you want a tour of the school some time. I'd love to give you one." Ena smiled at me, and continued to talk about stuff. I really didn't contribute much to the conversation, since I was finding books for me to read. It's kind of nice to have someone that's willing to talk to you even if you don't talk to them much. Ena stopped talking for a moment, and then tapped my shoulder.