warmth.

a/n hi sorry i am sorry i know ive been gone for eight years already but the important thing here is that bartholomew and bob are their cats. i am also going to sleep right now so there will not be any editing of this one now sorry again thank you for your attention.

he plopped down on their bed. he hadn't felt it in so long. or at least it felt like that. in reality, it had been two weeks at most since he left the place. the smell, the hue, the temperature of the room.

he missed it all.

their cat was on their bed too and he moved over to pet it, laughter bubbling up in his chest.

"welcome back", he heard from behind and turned to look at her leaning on the door frame.

he smiled at her, his hand still rubbing the cat's stomach but not taking his eyes off her.

"thank you", he replied, looking down at the floor. he rubbed his socked feet together. the window was open and the cold autumn wind blew in. he didn't mind. in fact, he liked it. he had every excuse to cuddle up under the warm heavy blankets with her. and to make hot beverages also, but that was lower on his priority list. "is there cocoa left ? can i make some ? would you like some too ?", he asked and looked up at her again.

"i can too, you can unpack ?", she proposed but he shook his head.

"i miss the kitchen", he said and turned around to give their cat a kiss. he got up and walked over to her, stretching his legs and wrapping his arms around her.
"i missed you too", he whispered in her shoulder. "i missed this, and i missed you and i missed bartholomew and bob and i missed the floor i missed the kitchen and the bed and blanky our dear blanket can we lay down when i unpack, please ?", he huffed in her shoulder, feeling frustrated all of a sudden. there were so many things he missed and-

"we can, yes", she said with a giggle, stroking his back.

he nodded and moved away from her, confusion written over his face.

"where is bob ?", he asked, looking around himself and got on his tippy toes to see over her shoulder.

"somewhere around.. probably the kitchen. the automatic feeder popped off a couple minutes ago and barth already ate. bob is still eating i think...", she replied, keeping her hands secured around his waist as they stood there.

their eyes locked and he nodded in acknowledgement as he hugged her again. he loved being so close to her.

he appreciated times like these the most. the times he could be loving and weird and confused and touchy and close  and everything else without being judged.

he sighed in content and planted a kiss on her cheek and nose. he then bumped her nose with his and let out a laugh.

"come on", he said and grabbed her hand to walk towards the kitchen. she complied, giving his hand a squeeze.

bob was indeed in front of the automatic feeder, eating. he crouched down to pet the little guy and kiss him too. then walked over to the counter. he raised their clasped hands and gave hers a kiss before letting go.

"how was the trip ?" she asked as she watched him move around the kitchen.

"oh, you know.. been there, done that... i've been to some adorable cat cafés.. i've hiked too ! i've been to a raccoon café also. had no idea that existed before, but now we know i guess. it's really not the same without you though. i have spent evenings watching pictures of our shoes next to each other and wishing i was here instead. oh i got you a gift ! just uh.. after i make this..", his voice trailed off as he concentrated on pouring the milk into his mug.

his hands itched, burned to hug her again though, just to hold her, to have her close to him and never leave bed again.

he dismissed the thought as he opened a drawer and pulled a small spoon out.

bob meowed behind him and he glanced down to see her scratching his head. a small smile made its way on his lips and he turned around again, finishing up.

"i made you some stuff too", she said after a moment and got up from the floor. he smiled.

they made their way over to their bedroom again and lay down, all thoughts about unpacking or gifts forgotten. they pulled the heavy blanket over them. he blinked and hugged her, snuggling in as close as possible. she was so warm.

"dear", she whispered after they settled in.

"mhm ?", he hummed, looking up at her, the side of her face blurry from how close they were. he kissed her jaw once, twice. she smiled.

"i missed you too", she said, looking down at him.

he giggled, his chest not nearly big enough to contain the happiness.

so warm.