pls give changmin some happiness

I nearly choked on my water. "You're WHAT?"

Chanhee shrugged. "I'm dating Younghoon. Is that so weird? I mean, I like him in the comic too, so nothing's new there."

Eric's gaze went from Younghoon to Chanhee. "Yeah, but what about Changmin? Chanhee, won't you get all jealous of your bestie, like in the comic?"

Chanhee rolled his eyes, throwing a carrot at the younger. "Think of it as acting. We're being filmed in a magnificent drama, and–"

He stiffened as the stage began. I mentally rolled my eyes and opened my math book.

How could the writer be so cruel to Changmin? That kid has the heart of an angel, yet so much has happened to him. Between his mom, Juyeon, and what I'm about to tell you guys about, he's been through far too much.

Okay. So you know how Chanhee and Changmin are besties? Lmao, not anymore!

Changmin walked into school the next day to see everyone whispering. Glances were shot his way, and everyone seemed shocked.

Eric showed up (of course), and showed his phone. It was the youtube channel Q. "Wow, didn't know that you were such a famous youtuber Changminnie! That must be why you think you have the right to even get near Juyeon."

Changmin's eyes widened. "Who–"

"Oh, you didn't know? Chanhee right here told everyone in the school." Eric slung his arm around Chanhee, who was looking everywhere but at Changmin.

"W-what? Chanhee, you wouldn't. You're my best friend, why..."

"I'm sorry, Minnie," Chanhee whispered, looking down. "I'm so sorry–"

Changmin didn't listen, running off. Eric gave an evil smile and patted Chanhee's head teasingly. "Aw, don't cry. You know what would've happened if you didn't reveal it."

Chanhee shoved his arm away and ran after Changmin.

The scene ended, but Chanhee didn't stop. He grabbed Changmin's arm. "Minnie, please. I didn't want to, but I had no choice. Please, believe me."

Changmin shoved the other off of him, running off while Chanhee fell onto the grass.

Eric and I (yes, I was in the scene too!) came running to Chanhee. The latter didn't even look at us. "I'm okay! We haven't even hung out lately in the shadow, since he's always with Juyeon. It's fine, our friendship was just a book setup anyways." He picked at the grass, his cheerful voice slowly fading. "This is all a book setup. I get reminded of that every time I go home to my ghost parents."

I sighed, sitting down next to him. "This is bad timing, but I'm bad at cheering people up. I've been killing extras."

"WHAT?" Eric and Chanhee both looked at me in shock.

"Yeah. I figured that I wanted to teach the author a lesson!"

Eric sighed, sitting down as well. "I have nothing interesting to say. I still like Lee Juyeon?"

"Nothing's new there."

I sighed, laying on my back. Eric and Chanhee followed, and for the next 20 minutes, we pointed out stupid shapes of clouds until the gardener chased us to class.

I have a theory. I think that the author knows the major events that happens in the shadows. For example: the deaths. I think that changing what happens in the shadows takes much more effort than keeping things the same. That's why they keep replacing extras.

I also think they know about Chanhee and Younghoon dating. That scene with Changmin? I think it was telling Chanhee to not mess up the "perfect" plot.

Do they know that self-aware characters exist? That's what we have yet to find out.

Oh, things are getting oh-so exciting.
~your lovely extra