14

She woke up to the sight of white fur.

She frowned, confused, then blinked looking around, and realized she was wrapped in her brother's tail with him pressed intimately against her making her want scratch that perfect face of his.

"How dare he think that I would welcome his arms after what he did to me?!" She angrily thought.

As carefully as she could she pried herself away from him and got out of the bed. Inuyasha felt like a new born pup learning how to walk. Her strength zapped away by hunger strike.

She saw the cold bowl of broth on the table and went to it, eagerly gulping it down the in seconds, she saw the piece of bread and ate that too.

Feeling slightly better Inuyasha went over to the window and looked outside. It was cold tonight and the fall air brought that crisp freshness that made her long to be in the forest with a warm burning fire to keep her warm and her friends laughing and talking around her.

She wondered, what were they where doing? Were they somewhere safe? She thought of Kagome and wondered how this change has affected her.

She knew that Kagome had feelings for her, but now that she was female did this hurt her? Was her heart broken? She thought about Kikyo. She would have been hurt to know that this was Inuyasha's true form.

The woman sighed into the night air feeling depressed.

She jumped when she felt two strong arms wrap them selves around her waist. Her nose twitched, and she looked up and snarled at Sesshomaru who had the nerve to touch her

"Hear me out Inuyasha" he said softy looking out to the window "I know you're hurt and angry with me, I know this, but you have to understand I did what I thought was best for you"

"Best for me?! Spare me your lies" Inuyasha neered "I don't care for your explanations nor do I give a shit! " she yelled, trying to pull away from his grasp only to have him bury his face into her neck making her freeze.

"I am sorry for what I did. I never thought you'd take your own life koneko, I never want to re-live that" he said softly into her neck making goose bumps run along her arms.

"So will you let me go? Can I go to my friends?" She asked not knowing what to make of this new side of her brother.

"Do not ask what I can't give you little one" he said licking her neck making her jump, before pulling and backing away from him.

"Then we don't have anything else to talk about" she folded her arms over her chest.

"Why do you make this so difficult Inuyasha?" he asked, a bit more forceful "I offer you my protection, my kingdom, damnit to hell woman ask me for the bloody shikon jewel! I will give it to you! But do not ask me to let you go from my lands unprotected just so you can kill your self in this pointless search to kill Naraku! Let me kill him for you, you don't need place your self in danger!"

She stared at him a bit in awe and irritation, she's never seen him so agitated before.

"You're still missing the whole point" Inuyasha said calmly "They're my family, wether you accept it or not, they need me and I have to go"

He growled in frustration and moved away from her to walk towards to door.

"Sleep Inuyasha. We will discuss this more in the morning" he said and walked out of the room.

"FINE!" she screamed. Who was he to order her about! She turned her nose up and went up to leap on to the window still.

No she wasn't so much of a fool to try and run right now with her body being so weak.

Then...she had an idea. Rather than pushing him away

Why not be the loving affectionate mate he wants? She'll make him let his guard down around her. Once he did that she would look for the opportunity and escape.

Oh she wanted to laugh out loud

Inuyasha went over to the mirror and looked at herself. "My brother is attracted to me, that much I could smell off of him". She sat down and started to brush her hair unknotting the thick mane and looking at how her eyes did give off a certain air of cat-likeness in their shape and color

" well if it's kitten he wants, then a kitten he'll get"

Feeling her spirits lighter at her new plans she went to give herself a quick wash and then pulled a sleeping robe made of red and white, knowing how good her hair and skin looked in the color.

She wasn't sleepy, but figured that it was good for Sesshomaru to find her in bed. She had no intentions of surrendering her body to him, but she would have to be affectionate and be able to keep him at arm's length.

______________________

She I must have fallen asleep after all

Because she could feel the moment that her brother's tail wrapped it's self around her.

She opened her eyes to see that dawn had not approached yet.

Turning around she almost laughed when he froze. She was sure that he was thinking she'd push him away but instead she did the last thing he expected.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and clung into his body all the while trying to get her body to pipe down at the close contact.

"Inuyasha?"

"I woke up thinking I was still locked in this room, just hold on to me for a while" Inuyasha said almost smirking when he grunted at her closeness, but then gave in and pulled her closer.

"I will never lock you up again" he promised

She rolled her eyes but managed to relax and fall back asleep.