Divakar's Journal - Entry One

Basically like Nova's Diary but from Divakar's POV. Will be based off his personal interactions, and won't overlap too many events with Nova. Might or might not end up including important info for catching up. Depends on if Nova was awake and/or present for it. If neither was present, I'll put it in a 3rd Person chapter.

I reached out for the dried beef and some water. Nova grabbed juice and chips, but I forced some beef into her hands as well. She rolled her eyes, but ate it anyway.

I looked around us again, surveying the people in the room. My eyes landed on a few familiar faces, but I was shocked to see Rei. I was pretty sure Tara wouldn't approve of this. But she seemed like she was trying to avoid people, so I left her be.

When the truck was parked, Joker whistle to a bird, giving it something before letting it fly off. "So, I would like to know your talents. What you can do?"

I heard a few mixed replies. Before Joker started talking again. "I'm sorry, the night is dangerous. Which is why we are parked and in place." He announced, sitting on a chair.

Nova smirked and looked at me. "Would you like a demonstration of our talents, or would you like us to state them?" She asked mischievously, pulling a necklace out of her pocket.

"Lynx!" I growled at her. "I'm sorry, she means no offense. Who's necklace is this? She'll return it at once." I said, addressing the group.

"I was already planning on returning it, Leo. I was just playing around." She shot back. "But seriously, who does this belong to? I wasn't paying attention to faces."

"It's mine, Leo." Said a familiar voice.

My eyes went wide as I recognized Rei.

Rei took the necklace from Nova and put it around her neck. "It's fine, Lynx. Just don't take it again." She turned to me, "don't worry about it, I'm just glad I got it back," she replied with a small smile.

"Heh. Yea. Let me know if Lynx gives you anymore trouble." I said laughing nervously.

"I said I was sorry!" Nova said, shoving me in the arm. I frowned and shoved her back.

We glared at each other before I popped one of her chips in his mouth. She gasped, "betrayal!"

"Anyways, water under the bridge? Nice to see you again." I said, ignoring Nova's dramatics.

"I will." Rei chuckled. "Yeah, nice to see you too. It's been a while, hasn't it."

"Definitely. How's—" I stopped myself. I had almost said Tara, but I wasn't sure how that would go down. "Life. Yea. Life." I said quickly.

"It's been better." Rei said. "Work's been hard to come by, which is why I took this job, but me and Tara are doing okay. I may or may not have had to resort back to stealing like before though," Rei admitted with a sigh. "No, she still doesn't know. I'm not gonna tell Tara about that, ever."

I nodded. I could understand that. Although I didn't have a problem with stealing myself, I knew it meant something to Rei.

I hadn't planned on taking Nova along on this job. It was my own fault for teaching her how to read. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't shake the image of the dead officer out of my head. "Too be honest, I didn't want Lynx here. I thought about finding someone to leave her with, but with always moving around..." I shook my head.

"It wouldn't really work, would it." Rei said, stretching her wings a bit. "I only got away without Tara coming because I didn't tell her when we had to meet and left her a note for her when I left. She almost pulled the 'I'm your big sister so I know better,' card on me too!"