Chapter 1 "First Encounter, kinda sus"

What would you expect in your average morning?

The scent of the boiling coffee being brewed from the local café? The whistling sound of birds chirping to a glistening song? Or perhaps even the rays of sunshine peeking through the curtains?

All of those are great examples, however for this view of life, it is more than a rarity.

This is the life of Catbooks, a young cat who..reads..books. The name fits quite well, although how a cat can read books is quite simple, it's a mechanic known as book logic. Anyway, as Catbooks started his day simple, getting a breakfast consisting of Garlic Bread and some cheese slices, only the most fanciest of gourmet meals, despite Catbooks not having breakfast, he has it for story plot reasons. Then grasping his phone, called his friend: Deepest the Feline, on the social media app known as Descoard. Deepest didn't pick up the call after 30 seconds of waiting. "That's weird." Catbooks muttered to himself, exiting the call tab. "Why isn't he picking up?"

"Catbooks, help, my objects have become sentient."

A voice behind him startled the cat as his head swished over to look behind him. It was Deepest. "What?" Catbooks replied to the seemingly obscure and nonsensical conversation starter. "My objects have become sentient, my chair, my drywall, my power plug, my door, my jacket, my shoe, my fricking username, and worst of all, my Vacuum, they are planning to overthrow me and take my hot pockets." Deepest explained in a hurried tone. Catbooks replied silently with a confused and amused expression. "You have to be joki-" Catbooks finally replied before being interrupted by a large metallic bang. "OH NO MY AMONG US PLUSHIE HAS BECOME SENTIENT!" Deepest yelled looking at the vent nearby the duo. Catbooks gave the most ridiculous look. "Deepest, you idiot.." The black cat muttered, waddling towards the vent. He opened it, observed for a bit, then looked back. "See!" Catbooks confirmed. "There's nothing in there!"

"Uh..Catbooks, you might want to look..behind you.." Deepest warned, as he slowly backed away with a concerned expression. "Why?" Catbooks remarked. "There's nothing to worry about." "Seriously, look!" Deepest warned once again. "There's nothing behind me!" Catbooks clarified. "WATCH OUT-" Deepest yelled.

Catbooks had been struck by a knife slash. It wasn't fatal, but it did cause quite a large portion of pain. The attacker was Deepest's Among Us Crewmate (or Impostor, in this case) plushie. It had accessed the vents to get inside and used its knife to attack. It seemed that the sentient objects have their powers from what they are supposed to be. Deepest raised the fur on his back and began to brawl with the sentient plushie. He dodged and bit, but somehow it wasn't ripping. After dodging one of the attacks, Deepest remarked that there was a loose string on the back of the plushie. If he could make it to that, then he would unravel the plushie and defeat it.

After another few rounds of attacking and dodging, the Impostor struck his knife at Deepest, who slid out of the way at the last second, and the blade had gotten stuck in the floor! Deepest took the chance and wrapped the loose thread around his claw. As the Plushie got their knife out of the floor, they turned around to see Deepest running away. They assumed he had retreated, and turned to Catbooks, to finish him off. Catbooks scurried in a corner, still injured. As right as the Impostor loomed over him, and it seemed hopeless..Suddenly it all turned to 1 string! Deepest ran back over to Catbooks. "I thought you abandoned me!" Catbooks admitted. "I would never do that, unless you stole my hot pockets." Deepest clarified.

"So, are you gonna live?" Deepest asked. "It's just a slash, I won't die, but it's still pretty bad" Catbooks answered, referring to the big bloody slash on the side of Catbooks's body. "Ah no problem!" Deepest exclaimed. He turned towards the stringy remains of the Plushie. Catbooks looked rather curious and frustrated with Deepest's antics. As the string had all been gathered by Deepest, he had used the nearby table to turn it all into a bandage, and wrapped it around Catbook's wound. (Because apparently wrapping a bandage around you will heal instantly, this is some Madness Combat bs) "That should do it!" The healer commented. "That was a pretty smart move!" Catbooks replied. "Alright, here's what we should do: grab a weapon, find shelter, and plan on how to take back my house and S T U F F." Deepest explained. "Sounds good!" Catbooks agreed.

Deepest used the knife that their dispatched (Literally), and Catbooks found a Dictionary on a stick, they used the smart move of Deepest using Fast attack, and Catbooks using a f*cking Dictionary. Now words can hurt you emotionally AND physically.

As they approached the front door, the duo prepared for the adventure and battles they were going to face, and after a long breath, Catbooks opened the door, and they took the first step out of the Tutorial.