05| THE ATHEIST ROMANI DECKER

Azrael held his bicep, feeling the blood gush from the gunshot, the bullet stuck inside of his arm as he grunted, holding it tightly as the heat of the bullet had his adrenaline pumping.

"Oh my god.." Romani breathed out, rushing to Azrael with panic as she tried to make out his features, but it was pitch black, "Shit! Hold onto me, I'll get you to the hospital." She rushed out.

"Hold onto my shirt, I can't use my hands." He grunted, moving closer to her until she wrapped her slim fingers in the material of the loose t-shirt, Azrael moving in the dark until he got to the door, Romani opening the door so they could rush out, the stars illuminating enough to see each other in the dim light.

"Hospital, we need to get to a hospital." While she rushed out, she saw the cherry red Impala sitting on the curb of the street. Without thinking, she stuck her hand in the jeans pocket of Azrael's pants, his body tensing as he felt her hand too close to his crotch.

With a victorious breath of a laugh, she gripped onto his shirt, pulling him on as he grunted, having to be dragged by her as the blood loss began to worsen, Romani opening the door quickly so he could be ushered in, dropping down in the seat as the car lightly bounced.

He had half the mind to stop her from driving his car, but decided against it as he felt the spins hit him. Romani jumped in the car, putting the key in and turning, adrenaline working her up so much that she gassed it, unbothered but the fact she had just unintentionally burned out on the street as she pushed the gas pedal aggressively.

"Puta madre! Do you even know how to drive?!" Azrael almost feared for his life as this girl took sharp turns that almost had the car flipping. Romani braked harshly at the light, barely replying to his question before she took off again. 

"I do now."

"So.. Morretti.." Romani muttered, laying on a hospital bed up against Azraels as she read through a magazine, an uninterested look on her face as her arm was currently giving him a blood transfer for the blood loss.

"Yes, Moretti." Azrael groaned, rolling his eyes as he laid his head back, his bicep now stitched up and getting pumped with some of her O type blood.

"Dick.." She murmured, flipping to the next page of the diet magazine, a pang of a familiar feeling hitting her in the chest.

"What? Speak up." Azrael hated murmuring and mumbles, with the amount of drugs he was dosed up on, his fuse was running short.

"I said dick." Romani looked over at him, closing the magazine with more force than necessary and using it to smack him on the leg.

"What the fuck was that for?!"

"For putting me in such a fucked up position in the first place, and now look where I am? In a goddamn hospital, with your dumbass!" She almost seethed, her nostrils glaring in anger.

"Oh, I'm the dumbass?" His tone was calm now, almost too calm, a cocky smirk curling his lip up as he titled his head slightly at the girl in front of her, "I'm not the one to blame mami. You got here yourself, do you want me to remind you who met who first?"

"Okay? Then care to explain what you were doing at my house, coincidentally, the same exact time that someone breaks into it?" There was a tone short of being accusing as she spoke to him, raising a dark eyebrow at him as she blinked with a small roll of her eyes up to rid of the heavy blurriness in her eyes.

He didn't say a word, just reached into the front waistband of his pants, Romani's eyes dropping to see him pull his shirt up to a slim waist as his boxers held a white phone she knew all too well. If her phone wasn't being taken out, she would've been completely entranced by the six pack the man had with a tiny waist and that happy trail...