𝕊𝕚𝕩

𝕊𝕚𝕩 | "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕚𝕟 𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣"

"So, have any fun dreams last night?" My real dad asks the next day as we headed into town, when I dreadfully woke up in my real bed once again.

"I did." I answer. "The garden like what's here, was actually colorful and alive, instead of dead, and actually had living plants. There were garden squash like balloon animals, and snap dragons, and I met a cute little frog with button eyes." I explain, and he chuckles, not believing me, so I just let him think it was a dream, and not real. Even though it was very much real to me.

"You sure have some colorful dreams, my little dreamy princess." He states, and I don't say anything except, "yep! Guess so. I also saw a real sugar glider circus. They were really cool. Mr. Min did a good job training them."

"That's neat!" He replies. "I wonder why you dream of these things."

"Because they're real, and not dreams." I mumble, as we pull into the mall parking lot.

I didn't want to be here, but since my dad was going to make me go to the same private school Yoongi attended, (I didn't mind since I'd at least have one person to talk to), I always hated wearing a uniform. So when we go into the store carrying the uniforms for my new school, I completely ignore my dad trying to get me to pick out the type of uniform I'd wanted.

I just let him pick whatever, since we'd all be wearing the same boring shit anyway. However, I see something I do actually like in the boring store—a pair of bejeweled dragonfly earrings, to match the pendant charm around my neck. I pick it up from the display case with care, and hold it up to show my dad, but he shakes his head no.

"I'll get that for you next time, princess."
(Which basically meant no). "We need to get home so I can drop you off."

"But Dad, seriously, everyone is going to wear the same boring shit. No one is gonna have these. I don't want to blend in like everybody else; I'll look ridiculous. These are the only way I can really stand out." I say, continuing to push.

"Put it back, princess. Next time, promise."

I sigh as I think, 'my Other Father would've gotten it.'

But sigh again in defeat, and set it back on the display table, back in the case where I found it. When we're in the car that afternoon heading home in the once again rain, I unconsciously stare out the car window with a glare and a frown on my face.

My father continues to turn my way, continuously looking at me. "Why are you so grumpy today, princess?" He asks. "I'm sorry I wouldn't get the earrings for you, I just didn't have time, and we really have to get home."

"It's fine, it's just that we always have to get home." I snap. As I wasn't really angry that he hadn't bought me what I wanted, but more because once again it was always about his job than meeting the needs of his actual child. I get that he had to make money to like, live, but we had plenty of money. "Because you can't leave your computer alone longer than an hour." I snap again.