𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 |"𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣, 𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣"

His frightening "gift" was a pair of shiny black, buttons. Buttons that he wanted to sew onto my eyes. I look up at the Other Father, hoping it's some kind of bad joke.

"Well, black is traditional

"Well, black is traditional." He says. "But if you'd prefer pink," he says next, tapping his own button eyes, "I'd be cool with that. I love pink, after all. We could match! But if you don't want pink, that's okay too. If you'd prefer vermillion, or chartreuse, or maybe purple, or sky blue?" He asks, and I see his button eyes change colors as he offers me different colors, forcing me to grow even more panicked. "Though, you might make me jealous."

"Uhm, n-no thank you." I say, pushing the box away from me.

"Oh, but I need a yes if you want to stay with me! It's your decision, though, princess. Daddy only wants what's best for you; you know that." He walks over to me, placing his now icy cold hand on my shoulder, but I push it away in fright.

"I'm...I'm gonna go to bed, now, if that's okay, Daddy." I say, hoping calling him that will ease the tension.

"Bed?" He asks, sounding wounded, and hurt that I'd rejected his offer to stay with him and accept his "gift."

"You don't want to stay up and have dinner first?" He asks, but I shake my head no. "R-really? Daddy is happy to cook for you..."

I fight to control my quaking voice as I say, "that's okay, thank you. I'm still really full from lunch, and I really appreciate your gifts, and your offer, but I can hardly stay awake. I just need to sleep on things." I say, and the Other Father stands again, masking his disappointment.

"Okay. I understand then. Come, I'll be happy to tuck you in." He offers.

"Oh, no thanks, that's okay! You've done so much for me already, and I...I'd feel bad if you were to do more."

"I know you do princess, but see, I love you! I'm happy to do anything for you. You don't need to feel bad." He places his hands on my shoulders. "I'm not worried at all, princess. Soon you'll see things my way. You'll understand why I'm doing this." He says ominously, giving me a smile before herding me towards the staircase.