Epilogue

Things got better.

Erik and his father spent more time together and had gotten closer and happier as a family. Erik made friends, and was doing even better at school. But, he would sometimes feel like a tall, lanky, sideburned man was watching him. From beyond, behind a tree, on the bench, around the corner. But Erik always shook it off.

Things got worse.

Erik's father ended up dying in a car accident while going to work. He went quickly though, looking at the picture of him and Erik hanging from his mirror before the semi struck him head-on. Erik was now standing at his father's freshly filled in grave. His adoptive parents waiting at the car like he had asked. He didn't know them. They had arrived at the funeral, paying their respects, saying they were sorry, and that they wanted to take care of him. He didn't want to go with them though. He stared at his father's grave and then closed his eyes in remorse. He felt a reassuring hand on his shoulder as a single tear fell from Erik's eyelash to the powdery soil under him.

"It's going to be ok, Erik. I... I'm sorry. He accepted" Erik heard.

He knew exactly who it was. Turning around, he pulled the tall man into a crushing hug. Crying, he said

"I don't want to go with them!"

There was a bit of silence before he heard Curtis speak.

"Come with me then." Cold metal touched Erik's hand.

Grabbing it, Erik moved back enough to see what it was.

A gun.

He looked up at Curtis, who smiled sadly. Erik gasped before Curtis was pulled into another tight hug. He hugged back, just as hard. Erik shakily raised the gun to rest against his temple as Curtis tenderly kissed the top of his head a couple times, unwanted tears falling. It was ok, now. Erik took a deep breath and pulled the tri-

The End

(AN: Liked the story? Didn't like the story? I would love to know which, and why! :D <3)