Chapter 15: Cub

What's this? A chapter I planned a bit?

Hehehe...

 EXPERIMENT 106: ICE FIGHTER

NAME: ETHO 

EXPERIMENT 92: DIAMOND HYBRID

NAME: SKEPPY

EXPERIMENT 20: FOX HYBRID

EXPERIMENT 82: FOX HYBRID

EXPERIMENT 85: SLIME CONTROL

NAME: ISKALL

NUMBER: 85

I think CREEP forgot how to count. 

None of the numbers make sense. Several people with the same number, dated from completely different years. The records aren't even chronological, just completely random. I place them onto their steadily growing piles... who lived, who died, who I know, different categories of hybrids and whatever else they tried to do. I can't give up. I need to be better than Doc. I need to find the files on myself and Scar, sort everything out, see if I can find people online... people I know are part of the other group - who as far as I know don't actually have a name - like Ren and Iskall.

 Even if I do leave, I'll have to contend with the rest of OCTAGON... Doc's ignoring me, Skizz and Jevin have offered to help multiple times, and I want to let them, I need to give Etho the documents I just found on him, Wels has been refusing to come out of his room since he let Hels out and almost killed Doc, False and Xisuma have taken over most of the patrols... the entire group's fallen apart, and hiding from it has worked so far. I pick up the next file in line. 

EXPERIMENT 80: PHANTOM

NAME: BDOUBLEO 

EXPERIMENT NUMBER: 100

Straight onto the pile of people I don't know, which is currently highest, as someone knocks on the door.

'Hello?' I look over to see False, holding some food. It's the first time I've noticed the sky is dark outside.

'You need sleep.' She says. 'You... really... need sleep.' I take the plate of food, placing it out of the way of all the files. 'Have you been having nightmares?'

'I haven't tried sleeping yet.' I admit. It's been several days. 

'Cub, you can't do this to yourself.'

'We need answers!' I insist. False crosses her arms, wings folded behind her. I haven't found any records of people given wings yet. 'I'm fine. I've survived ages without sleep... before.' Days forced to stay awake, without anything even being visibly recorded. White walls, white lights, constantly watched for if I'm going to fall asleep...

'Stop this. Now. Eat your food, and then you're going back to your room and sleeping. You can continue tomorrow.'

'Just let me finish the pile.'

'No. Eat.' She pushes the plate of meat and sauce towards me. I stare at it, starving, then back to the 10-20 files I have left to sort through. I decide to eat, conscious of False watching me. I don't mind. I'm used to being constantly observed. 

Only when the plate is scraped clean does False pick it up, standing where she is until I follow her, achy from sitting down, back inside. 

'Cub! Hello!' Xisuma calls. I wave back, unable to stop without False shouting at me. 'You look tired.'

'I'm forcing him to sleep.' False replies, basically shoving me into my room. 'Good night.' 

Without bothering to remove my clothes, I flop down onto my bed, unaware of how tired I really am until I instantly fall asleep.