Chapter 23

Picture of Fabian! Don't worry about not seeing his face. He's still hot.
-------
After the long iHop breakfast, we all head to Central
Park for a walk. August and Audree leave for some alone time so that leaves me and my little bro to hang out. We stroll down a wooded path that leads to a river.

"Genevieve, you've been so distant. I've been worried about you." Fabian finally says.

"You've been busy getting ready for the draft. I didn't want to bother you. Besides, I'm alright now." I half lie.

"Gengen, you were in the hospital in critical condition. You could've died!" He says stopping, obviously upset with my statement.

"I know, Willi-!" I pop my hand over my mouth before I can finish my sentence.

I begin to feel faint and immediately sit on the nearest bench. I put my face in between my knees and breath slowly before I have an anxiety attack. I hear Fabian walk over and sit next to me. He begins to rub my back.

"I'm sorry Gen. I was being an ass. I forgot that it's too soon."

"It's okay. I'm just a little stressed." I reply while bringing my face up.

"I'll bring you home so you can rest." He says.

I nod my head in relief. I want my bed. I want Trey.

We look around for Audree and August and alert them that we're leaving. They were laying up on each other under a tree by a creek.

"Okay. Let's go August." Audree says while putting on her flip flops.

"No! You guys stay. I got her." Fabian urges.

It doesn't take much to convince them to stay. We leave without much word and catch a cab back to the building.

In the house, I plop on the couch in the living room. Fabian walks over and sits on the floor in front of me.
He crosses his long legs and stares out the window of the view of New York.

"Got any new jawns you're talking to?" I ask with my eyes closed.

Fabian laughs uncomfortably.

"Why do you always think I'm fooling around with girls? I'm too busy for that. Plus, mom and dad would kill me."

"Fab, you're 22, tall, Haitian, good looking, and an almost-NBA player. You must have someone. Don't play that with me." I say.

"There's this one girl" he hesitates," but she's out of my league."

"How so?"

"She said she doesn't do basketball players."

"Then fxck her. She doesn't know what she's missing out on." I say annoyed. My brother is amazing.

Stretching out on his back, Fabian says," I knew you'd react like that."

"How long are you staying?" I ask.

"Damn. You already want to kick your little bro out" he says fake crying.

I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, Fabian. Just tell me."

"I'm in the city for 3 more days to sort out some contracts with the Knicks. I'm signing to them." He says while searching for the remote.

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations!" I yell. I slap his leg in excitement. He kicks my hand with his big ass feet playfully.

"Thank you. You're the first one to know. Don't tell anyone yet. I don't know how this contract thing will go." He says while looking at me.

"Of course not! That means you'll be around more often then?" I ask.

"Yes it does, but I'll be training mostly."

"Omg. My little brother is gonna be an NBA basketball player!" I say teasingly.

"Shut up" he says laughing.

He turns the TV on and puts on Remember the Titans. Even though it's 12:30 in the afternoon, I feel my eyes drooping. Two hours later, I wake up in my bed in a quiet house. It takes me a couple seconds to recollect what happened. Fabian leaves me a note saying he had to go meet up with his lawyer.

Trey sends me a random picture of him in front of the Colosseum in Rome, Italy. I'm so jealous. I miss him so much.

"Can I call you?" I text him.

Two minutes later, he sends

"Yes, bunny"

I blush and call. After two rings, he picks up.

"I missed your voice." I admit immediately.

"I can go on about what I miss about you." He replies.

I roll over on my stomach.

"Tell me than." I demand.

I wanna know how this guy thinks. After an hour of being on the phone, we finally hang up. Loneliness overtakes me. Trey is so freaking...ugh! One more week, and I see him again.

My doorbell rings and I slowly get up to go see who it is. I wasn't expecting anyone, and Audree has the key, unless she lost it again.

I open the door without checking, and Madison stands in front of me with a little boy(Caleb). Both are dirty, but Madison looks tore up.

"Wh-" I begin but am cut off.

"Please let us stay here. We have no where else to go." She begs helplessly with tears running down her face.

---------

..........shyt.......