[4]

Present day

"My, my," said Mori in surprise. "I am relieved that you're back on your feet," he said as he sat on his leather chair. Three days ago, Chuuya returned to headquarters with an unconscious [first name]. He immediately reported their mission to Mori and [first name]'s mentor—and Kouyou wasn't happy about it. [first name] stayed quiet as she stood before him with a bored look on her face. "And I could tell that you're in perfect shape for a tiny favor that I would like to ask," Mori added.

[first name] raised a brow, a little interested in Mori's so-called favor.

Mori turned his chair to where the windows were and stared at the sky. "There's someone I want you to assassinate for me," he said as the look on his face turned serious. "This someone has been spying on me whenever I'm in public with my dear Elisse, and I'm certain that he knows a lot of information..information that I don't want to spread."

[first name] put a hand on her hip and said, "Sounds pretty easy." Mori hummed in response as he turned to look at her.

Mori turned his attention back to the window and said, "He always has coffee in a cafe near Elisse's favorite cake shop. He's a middle-aged man, he has black hair, and he has a slender physique. And I just discovered that he's a policeman."

[first name]

It's a pretty peaceful day here in Yokohoma. I wanted to stay in bed and sleep all day, but I can't, thanks to Mori's little favor. I walked side by side with my nonbiological son. "Accepted a job while still looking so pale, huh?" he said, sounding not really proud.

I unbuttoned my coat and stuffed my hands in the pockets. "It's an easy task," I said, then I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. "Why would I turn it down?" I asked.

A soft cough escaped his mouth as he covered it. "Typical you," he said. I rolled my eyes playfully, then we both stopped and looked at where we were now. "I heard Black Lizard paid a visit here again?" I said—looking at the building where the only agency in Yokohoma has people gifted with abilities. I couldn't help but frown at the thought of someone I know. I looked at the ground floor and saw that there was some kind of cafe—now I'm jealous. There's a cafe near their workplace. The only thing near HQ is a fucking graveyard. Then I heard Akutagawa let out a heavy sigh. "Yes, and it wasn't successful," he said, breaking my thoughts.

I let out a small smile. "That's not surprising," I said as I began walking away, leaving him so he could go to where he has to be. "Be careful with your job, okay?" I said playfully.

I heard him growl in annoyance. "You and I have the same job!" he yelled at me. "And how many times do I have to tell you to stop acting like a mother to me! I'm just a year younger than you!"

I laughed as I continued walking away, leaving my completely annoyed son behind. Geez, no wonder he doesn't have a girlfriend. He couldn't take a fucking joke.

I arrived at the cafe and saw that there weren't many people. I scanned the entire place and saw my target in one corner, holding a newspaper and a mug of hot coffee on the other hand.

He looked young and old at the same time. And I could tell just by looking at him that he has kids. I looked at his hands, trying to find a ring, but he wasn't wearing one. He only has a luxurious watch. I began to think that he'd divorced. Damn it, I should stop thinking and just do what I was told already.

I walked up to the counter and decided to order. I know I have someone to kill and all.

but I really want some coffee.