024. heating up

ೃ༄ now playing

ೃ༄ now playing...

― season two, episode twelve;
HEATING UP
[ the finale! ]

0:00 ───|────── 24:03
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

3130 words

━━

The drive wasn't too long, but every few seconds Mom would glance back at Will and I to make sure that we were fine. And everytime she would glance, I would give her a reassuring smile even though I was feeling extremely nervous and not at all confident.

We arrived at Hop's cabin, hearing some Demo-dogs roaring from the lab in the distance. I winced as I remembered that Belle was there, and I tried not to think about what those dogs would do to her corpse once they got a chance to sink their teeth into her flesh.

I swiped at my now teary eyes, picking up my assigned radiator to carry and hurrying after Mom and Jonathan, who were already halfway in the door.

We entered the cabin, and I looked around, taking it all in. The windows were all shattered, and the furniture was moved around. It looked like there had been an earthquake or something. But despite all of that, it was kind of cozy in a way.

I flipped on the light switch on the wall, and the lamp above the kitchen table began to glow dimly. Jonathan laid Will down on the couch and Mom set down her cords and things that she had carried inside.

Mom wandered around the room until she paused in the corner, turning to Jonathan and I. "We'll do it here."

I stepped into a bedroom and took off all the blankets and pillows. Then I lifted it vertically and shuffled out of the room, bringing it over to where Mom had decided was the perfect location.

Jonathan picked Will back up and laid him on the bed. Mom used the rope that we had bought to tie all of Will's limps to the legs of the bed. And I kept my nerves at bay by keeping busy, loading the fireplace with wood.

I struck a match and tossed it onto the pile of wood, and immediately a strong flame went up. Then I helped Jonathan plug in the two radiators that we had brought, along with some more that we had found inside the cabin into the outlets in the walls. I kept my eyes on the task before me, unable to look at Will, who was now tied down. It hurt too much.

Once we had finished, the three of us stood back and stared at our set up. Jonathan took a shaky breath.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He breathed.

Mom sighed, looking determined. "This thing has had Will long enough. Let's kill this son of a bitch."

At her words, I stepped forward and cranked all the radiators all that way up. Jonathan hung back, covering his mouth with his hand. He really seemed to be struggling with all of this.