Chapter two.

'上月三'

His eyes widened as he soon realized what danger he was in, now that this was far beyond a regular boar chase.

"Im surprised you didn't realize sooner~" the demon laughed, quickly stopping and grinning to the hashira.

"Your strong, right?" 

Kyojuro burrowed his brows. "Thats why im a hashira, demon." He responded, tightening his grip on his katana.

The demon looked kyojuro up and down, then smirked. "Flame hashira i assume, right? I barely encounter those.. oh the joy i'll get of killing you!" He grinned, but teased in a way.

"Unless..~"

The flame hashira took a step back, not liking where this was going.

"Become a demon with me! Sure you'll lose your memories.. but you'd never know that~ we could spar every day!" The demon fantasized, and kyojuro looked sickened.

'Become a demon? Seriously?' He thought, then looked around at his surroundings.

"Theres no use looking for an exit." The demon smirked, taking a few steps closer.

Kyojuro's attention was brought back to the demon, and he as well took a few steps away.

The demon kept walking towards the hashira, and the hashira kept backing away.

Suddenly the hashira's back bumped against a tree, and he was forced to stop and face the demon. The said demon chuckled a little, stopping only because kyojuro's blade was pointed towards him.

"Do not come any closer, demon!" Kyojuro announced, his grip tightening and his face stern.

"Say, Whats your name?" The demon asked, smiling.

The hashira was a bit taken aback, hesitating a moment. "Im rengoku kyojuro."  Despite the hashira's hatred towards demons, he might as well let this one know who he may be.

The demon smiled even more, which creeped out the flame hashira more. This demon definitely wasn't what he thought he was.

"Well IM akaza, upper moon 3 of the kizuki!" Akaza announced, crossing his arms.

The flame hashira's expression didn't dim, and neither did his hatred for demons.

"Your name does not matter to me, for i, do not care." Kyojuro spoke, venom in his voice.

Akaza frowned, making kyojuro wonder if he was actually pained by his words. But that didn't matter now.

What mattered right now is who'd take the first swing.

"Hm, kyojuro~ cat got your tongue suddenly?" The demons words made the hashira perk.

This also made the hashira wonder, what exactly is this demons intentions. "Look, demon. Im not here to play games."

Akaza frowned again, but he seemed more annoyed this time.

Kyojuro burrowed his brows, watching the demon incase it tried something.

Suddenly akaza jumped into the air, catching kyojuro off guard for a brief moment.

The hashira wouldn't say he was surprised that the upper moon chose this tactic, since he's seen it a lot in his past years of demon hunting.

Kyojuro took a deep breath, quickly counter attacking and blocking the upper moon's arm with the blade of his katana.

"Oh?" The demon chuckled, grinning. This made kyojuro a little disgusted, since it was obvious this demon was cocky.