𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐏 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 | 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐈

TITLE: Flip Side | Sookai

AUTHOR: @PiperNoPiping

GENRE:  Teen fiction , romance

Title: 4/5

The title is small and crisp and it fits the story but it's not uncommon. There are a huge amount of books on wattpad with this very name and I'm not including the variations over here. (though your book is among the top three books when searched up)

Cover: 4.5/5

The cover is quite attractive. The editing is actually pretty clean (though soobin's side profile doesn't match the neck. He looks like he's in a weird position) .It catches the reader's attention right away so I don't think you have to worry about it.

Blurb: 3.5/5

Okay, personally, your blurb doesn't make me want to read more. Like it's nice but on the other hand it doesn't give enough information or leaves the reader hanging and curious. Like if you added a short teensy weensy snippet then it would be better.

Plot: 10/10

Wow...

Your plot was amazing. I am absolutely speechless. The emotions, the drama, the descriptions, the plot was *chefs kiss*.

Romance is a genre which I enjoy criticizing after reading. I'm not against it because I am secretly a huge romantic but somehow romance books are fun to criticize. Yet somehow your book is actually up to my standards. Your book doesn't even have a common trope. Right person, right time but too afraid. I don't think many books have this trope so your book is not a CLICHE!!!

And the pacing of the story is perfect. Like get them together already but I also love this angst don't stop it!!

Characters: 10 /10

The characters were written incredibly well. Their introduction itself was superb and didn't feel rushed or overwhelming.

Your descriptions were out of this world. They were marvelous. In the first chapter itself I fell in love with your writing. Few examples to appreciate your descriptions...

'Not when Soobin's feeling are a sunset-orange bonfire behind the frozen ivory of his ribcage'

'And even when he's sitting in his room, staring at the asylum-blank walls and the peach shag carpet, Hueningkai exists in his mind's eye in drops of jupiter and mercury, staining his vision gold and blue.'

Your descriptions are so detailed, I really enjoyed reading them and visualizing the scenes.

An unpopular opinion that I have is that even though Soobin and Kai deserve a happy ending, I was secretly shipping Taehyun and Soobin for a long time. Even before Kai told Soobin that Taehyun likes him, I was shipping them.

Soobin and Kai's first time meeting was so cute. Their whole relationship is so cute. They are the embodiment of cute. They ooze cuteness.

Yeonjun and Beomgyu were... unexpected. Yet they were equally fun reading about. The fact that they bonded over having a crush on Kai to having sex was honestly funny.

SOOBIN IS A FUCKING SIMP.

Grammar: 5/5

What's your secret???? I swear to god, how do you have such perfect grammar? Spill.

Overall enjoyment: 10/10

I just wanted to mention that your writing skills are incredible. I loved the plot. The character development was also perfect and the way they were all portrayed was superb.

As a reader, your book brought me joy internally. I didn't expect that I would enjoy it so much. And it's even almost perfect. 

Keep up with the good work!!!

Total: 47/50

I hope this review helps you in any way possible. I did my best and if in any way it is unsatisfactory please let me know. All that I mentioned above was constructive criticism, and I didn't intend to offend or hurt you in any way. I highly recommend others to check out 'flip side | sookai'.

Feel free to contact me if you have any doubts, or if I haven't covered anything properly. Thank you, and all the best!!

Please leave a comment below to let me know that you have seen this review and make sure to vote.