Prologue.

The dim hospital lights lit up suddenly, having Luciel shield his eyes. He had been staring at nothing but the ceiling for the past ten minutes. He rubbed his eyes and glanced around, becoming aware of his usual surroundings. He was in his hospital bed, inside a somewhat empty hospital room. As most rooms, friends and family of the patient would bring in gifts, flowers and cards. Though, Luciel looked at his tables once more, seeing what was usually there... Nothing.

It wasn't that Luciel had no friends or family. It's that they simply didn't seem to care. Remembering this, Luciel gave a disappointed huff and reached for the handheld mirror laying next to him on his hospital bed. He looked into it and carefully pulled down the bandages wrapped around his mouth. Luciel was a somewhat light-skinned man, who's heterochromatic eyes stood out from his skin and white long hair.

Under his bandages was a mouth that suffered from nearly severe chemical burning. He looked at it carefully, taking note that it was trying to heal. He closed his eyes with a groan, starting to drown in what faint memories he had from the incident.

A tiny, glowing, humanoid creature emerged from a test tube.

It increased in size rapidly, its glow becoming blinding.

It went on a tangent, breaking viles and tubes.

The chemicals flying onto him.

The immense pain from the burning.

He came back to his senses as the door was opened. He snapped his head to the door, pulling his bandages up, as a doctor entered.

'Mr. Jackson, is everything alright?'

Luciel looked at the man and nodded. He looked back down, wanting to dismiss the doctor's rambles. As usual, his doctor did a routine check on him, and took off his bandages. He narrowed his eyes, feeling ashamed anyone had to see him like this.

'I see.. Well. Thankfully, it's starting to heal up decently. The scarring is going to be pretty mild though..'

Luciel had a rough voice, mixed in with the grogginess he had right then.

"My teeth aren't still showing.. Right?-"

'No, not at all.'

Liar.

'Now, Mr. Jackson, as something to help pass the time while you're in the hospital... A nurse felt it was a good idea to give you this.'

The doctor handed Luciel a diary and feathered pen. He looked at it, remaining silent for a moment. His glare at the book turned into a mildly disappointed one, as he looked back to the doctor.

".. Is this 6th grade or something.."

'No, it's simply to clear your mind. Being in the hospital most of your life isn't fun, you know this. So why not provide something to get you productive?'

"I..- I Won't catch an attitude.."

With another glance, he held up the book, questioning why there wasn't a lock.

'Oh! We still want to monitor you. Safety reasons.'

He tossed the diary onto the table by him, and closed his eyes as he lied back in his bed.

"Diaries are private, no? Hum.. So much for tha-..ack-"

He held the burned part of his mouth, in pain from talking so much. He looked up as the doctor shook his head and chuckled.

'Oho, we've told you not to run your mouth haven't we? Silly man.'

".. Sorry."

The doctor nodded and flipped through his clipboard, stepping out the door. He noted to Luciel that he'd be back. As the door shut, he gave a huff and rolled onto his side, attempting to go to sleep.

The sounds of his heartrate monitor faded away for what felt like a second, until an abnormally bright light peered through his windows. Upon him opening his eyes, a bright, pale yellow orb was hovering in front of him.

".. What?"

He backed away, rather concerned, shielding himself the best he could from the bright light outside. He looked at the orb as it went closer, and quickly fled to the diary. It was opened, and had something written inside.

The Blessed Beginning of Luciel Usis.

Luciel was confused and somewhat frightened, as he watched the orb transform into a glowing hand. It grabbed the feathered pen and wrote in the diary.

Welcome to your new home.

Before a word could be formed, Luciel's hand was grabbed by the glowing one. It lead him to the window, crashing into it and falling through it, into what looked like an abyss of light.