Chapter 2

A prominent humph escaped Yecao Cao as he listened to the people outside his door walk away. He threw a pillow at the door. How dare that rude emperor even considers marrying him? Who cares if he has heaven on his side? Yecao Cao won't even give him a consideration.

Flinching at the sound of a loud humph beside him, Yecao Cao looked down. His little bun stood there with pouting mouth, hands on his hips and puffed out chest, glaring at the door. He most likely did not understand why his father was so upset but that did not hinder him from being angry with him.

"My little bun!" Yecao Cao gasped and hugged his cute child who giggled happily.

"That is going to be one temperamental Wang if you keep encouraging his tantrum," said Hu Ning, the old man peeked out from the servant's quarter. The man had dragged his daughter away when the trouble was starting and hid while peering out from a window at the spectacle.

"Wang, what wang? There is no wang here!" Yecao Cao humphed and the little bun did the same.

Hu Ning rolled his eyes so hard that Yecao Cao feared that his eyes would pop out. "Do you really think that you can stop the emperor from getting what he wants? The man slaughtered his brothers for the throne. Getting one little plum into taking the marital vows is not going to be a problem. All he has to do is write a marriage decree."

"He cannot do that."

"He is the emperor."

"Exactly, only the empress can write a marriage decree. If the emperor wants this plum, he has to do it the traditional way."

"Seducing you?"

"Grovel."

"..."

*****

"Huángdi, I'm sure that there are better candidates than-"

Di Xúe did not let Lin Hai finish, cocking and eyebrow at him. "I thought you said that he was this wonderful person, kind and unselfish. Perfect for an empress."

"Your Fu will-"

"They can try, but since neither of them have been able to give me a child, neither of them has the right to complain," Di Xúe said coldly.

"Fu Tián-" Lin Hai silenced when Di Xúe flinched. Lowering his head, he only said. "Apologies. I did not mean to open a wound, but since she became pregnant once, she can again."

"I don't care. I have already considered making the little plum my empress if only stop the rivalry in the harem. The little plum is smarter than Fu Tián who isn't suitable to be the empress. She is too naïve. Fu Zuánshi and Fu Chun is too ambitious and selfish."

"You said Mei yu Huayuán is also selfish," Lin Hai pointed out, Di Xúe could see desperation in his eyes. A sting of jealousy touched Di Xúe's heart, but he forced it down. Lin Hai's feelings for the little plum had always been apparent, but in the end, it was the little plum's decision.

"He acts selfish, but his actions are not. He is willing to sacrifice parts of himself to help others, and he does that despite pretending to be selfish," Di Xúe said with a snort. He had seen through the little plum's act several times. Though, he was still sure the little plum was lazy, mostly he just complained before doing what needed to be done. Considering the amount of time the little plum had been stabbed to protect this country, Di Xúe was convinced that he would be a good empress.

Lin Hai wanted to argue but Di Xúe raised his hand, not willing to continue this conversation. In the end, it was up to the little plum and that was final. "We have more important things to discuss than the little plum's personality."