1. Beloved

Noun; dearly loved/dear to the heart

PRIYA POV:

"Priya,WAKE UP!!!,"my mom yelled.

I groaned in my sleep tired of my mom's yelling. I hug my bedsheet tightly while I begin to drown back to sleep. Far away from this world. Cruel world.

Few minutes later, the door of my room bursted open, making me Jolt up from my beauty sleep. My, the great mother, has been yelling at me to wakeup since past two hours. I gulped witnessing her furious avtar. I'm in deep trouble.

God help me!!!

"Why did you wake up now huh? Keep Sleeping, Priya. You needn't wake up. Keep Sleeping. Because, I never asked you to go and work in a cafe as a part time job. You wanted to become an independent woman. No problem, Baccha, Sleep. Okay?," she said more like taunting me.

I scratched the back of my neck and smiled at her nervously.

"Be ready in five minutes otherwise no breakfast," she glared at me before leaving the room and shutting the door.

I sighed getting up from my bed and stood infront of the mirror. Woah, my hair looks like bird's nest. It everytime does. But today it looks more. I zoomed my face infront of the mirror and laughed sadly, controlling the anger in me.

Who likes pimples on their face?
None.

Every new day, I get very new pimple. No matter how much expensive skin care I use, it's all waste. I wonder how girls with no single pimple maintain their skin.

Namaste! I'm Priya Sharma. I'm a first year architect (M. Arch) student  and also work as a part time job in a cafe. Not just a cafe, a famous cafe. Work loads of my university was less for me that I signed myself for this part time job. I live with my mom in our sweet cosy home of three bedrooms, a hall, a kitchen. My home also has a big space of garden because me and my mom love gardening. My mom is a physician who works in her own clinic. My dad is a businessman who left us years ago. I had a twin brother named Pranav Sharma who died in an accident. I always do miss him. Life used to be nice when he was here.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I quickly went to bathroom, did my morning business and stepped out, with a towel draped around me. I opened my cupboard and took out my uniform. Yeah yeah.. even the cafe I work has its own uniform system going on. I work as a cashier and sometimes also waitress, and yeah even as a cook. I love cooking. Cooking is like experimenting with foods and see what new recipes I have come up with.

Getting ready, I went to the kitchen and my mom already had my breakfast ready and she is glaring at me with her pretty gorgeous eyes.

"Ma, mujhe pata hai ki mein bohot khubsurat hoon. Aap mujhe ghoor na bandh kariye," I wink at her

(Mom, I know I'm very beautiful. Please stop staring at me)

My mom picked up a spoon and threw it at me. I caught the spoon and used it to eat my cereals.

My mom shook her head and sat next to me.

"Shaadi ka kya khyal hai?," she asked, biting on the apple

(What are your plans for marriage?)

Shaadi? Where did this come from??

(Marriage)

I nodded eating a spoon of cereals.

"Ji, aap kar lijiye shaadi. Mujhe koi aitraaz nahi hai. Aapki Kushi meri Kushi. I know Ma, you want to move on. Go ahead, Marry," I tell smiling at her only to receive a smack on my head

(Yes, you do marriage. I have no problem. Your happiness is my happiness)

"Bewakoof. I'm not talking about my marriage. I'm talking about your marriage. Listen Priya, If you like any boy, tell me. I'll talk to his parents," she said understanding.

How do I tell her, it's not that I don't want to marry. I just Don't like men. If I tell this to her, she will definitely think that her daughter is into girls. But nahi, I'm not into girls. I'm straight but I don't like men. They just know how to order around and dominate women.

Talks about love are useless. There's no such thing called love. Everything is attraction. That's why, my aim is to focus on studies, graduate, get a good job in a big company and do jingalala Hur hur for life long.

"Hmm..I like somebody," I tell her and drink water

My mom gets excited and her eyes gleamed with excitement that finally she is going to see her daughter get settled in life. Aww.

"Batao na, kon hai?," she asked

"Hai koi ladka," I pass her a tight smile

"Kaha se hai? Mein aaj he uske parents se baat karungi," she replied and began to imagine her grandchildren

"He is from my imagination. Ab mein jao?," I ask picking up my bag.

(Now, can I go?)

My mom pouts and fakes am angry face. I sighed.

"Jab koi accha ladka milega na Ma, tab sacchi mein usse shaadi karungi. Don't be upset," I convince her and kiss on her cheek.

(When I will find a good man, I promise, I will get married)

My mom smiles at me.

"Bhagwaan tujhe handsome, charming, sexy, rich pati de," she said dreaming about her non existing son in law.

(May God give you a handsome, charming, sexy, rich husband)

I laughed at her words.

"Bas kariye apna imagination. Bhagwaan kahi mujhe aapka koi handsome Billionaire se shaadi na karade," saying this, I leave my house for work

(Enough of your imagination, I hope God won't get me married to one your handsome billionaire)

•••••••••••

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE ❤