2. Miss Blanchett

Y/N pov

X: Hello, class! I'm Miss Blanchett, and I'll be your English teacher and tutor this year.

As I observe her, I realize she's quite tall and exceptionally beautiful. Her smile is perfect, and as she surveys the room, locking eyes with me, an unfamiliar sensation stirs in my stomach. I guess I have a massive crush on my new English teacher and tutor. Great.

She assigns us the task of writing an essay about ourselves and our families, aiming to get to know us better. I begin by writing the title since I'm uncertain about what to delve into.

An hour later

Miss Blanchett: Alright, write your names on the paper and hand it to me. You're free to go now. See you all tomorrow!

I wait until everyone has left, then timidly hand her the paper, my gaze fixed on the floor throughout.

Miss Blanchett: What's your name, sweetie? -she says kindly, and I suddenly realize I forgot to write my name on the paper.
Y/N: I'm Y/N, miss -I say, still with my head down.
Miss Blanchett: The floor must be so beautiful since you're looking at it all the time -she pauses for a few seconds- Look at me, please -I look at her, and I feel something in my stomach again.
Y/N: Sorry, miss -is all that comes out of my mouth.
Miss Blanchett: Don't worry -she says smiling- Why didn't you write anything?
Y/N: I just didn't know what to write, but if you let me, I will finish it at home and hand it to you tomorrow.
Miss Blanchett: There's no need for that. Stay a few minutes with me and tell me about... your family, for example.
Y/N: Well, my father died when I was four, and my mother is never home, so...
Miss Blanchett: Oh! I'm so sorry about your father. Why is it that your mother is never home? Does she work a lot?
Y/N: No... -she realizes it's a difficult thing for me to talk about.
Miss Blanchett: It's okay; you can trust me. I won't tell anyone -she says in a tone that makes me feel so comfortable.
Y/N: She's an addict and an alcoholic, so I basically live alone -I can see she wasn't expecting that, and she doesn't know what to say- It's okay; you don't have to say anything.
Miss Blanchett: I'm... I'm so sorry -she says, rubbing my arm- Do you have any friends? I saw you sitting at the back quiet all the time.
Y/N: Not in this class. My best friend is younger than me.
Miss Blanchett: Oh, okay. Tell me about yourself now.
Y/N: Well, I don't have any siblings, but I take care of a little girl -I get interrupted by her.
Miss Blanchett: About yourself, please.
Y/N: Mmm... My name is Y/F/N, and I am 17 years old. My birthday is the 2nd of November, and...
Miss Blanchett: What would you like to study?
Y/N: I would like to be a doctor, specifically a surgeon.
Miss Blanchett: I think you're going to be an extraordinary surgeon -she pauses for a few seconds, still smiling- Okay, now that I know something about you, I'm going to tell you some things about me just so we are even. My name is Cate, but don't say that in front of your classmates, and my birthday is the 14th of May. I'm from Australia but moved here to LA when I was young -I just smile and nod because I don't know what to say- Okay, I'm gonna go with you to your next class and tell the teacher that you were with me.

She does what she said and then leaves the classroom. The rest of the day just goes by like any other normal day.