Chapter 51

Long Chapter!!!

-Katexx

---

Chapter 51

"It looks fine, Elena," Liam startles me from behind as he walks in the bathroom with his arms crossed. His eyes travel up and down my body, a reassuring look in his eyes as he sees my clenched jaw. I've just gotten out of the shower. Liam came earlier to wake me up, informing me of Lou's visit this early afternoon, and said that I should clean up. "You look perfect."

Lou follows behind him, a sympathetic smile to her lips as she takes in my appearance. The bruise on my eye has started to fade, from a deep purple to a strange yellow spot, and the handprint has almost fully vanished. I've applied an ointment on it every night before bed and every morning after my shower, a medicated gel that Liam purchased at the drugstore the same day I moved in. "Honey, the only thing that looks bad right now is your pout!"

The guest bathroom is a large, white-walled rectangle with frosted glass windows and beautiful stainless steel accessories; it's very condo-like, modern and suiting for the rest of the condo. Looking away from the destructive mirror, I turn off the bathroom light and walk straight back to the guest bedroom in Liam's condo, which I've been taking hostage since I got here. And by taking hostage, I mean that I haven't really walked out of the room in the two days I've been here. The bathroom has a white ceiling surrounded by purple walls, lit by the rough light coming in through the shades, which is slightly unfamiliar. I've repeated to myself about four hundred times that I would have to get used to it. At least, for now.

Liam lives in a massive two-story penthouse near downtown London, with a beautiful view over the city. The drive here took about twenty-five minutes from Harry's house, which was probably by far the quietest drive I've ever been on since my trip to New York with my parents after I'd been caught hooking up with the new neighbor. I was fifteen and my parents had yelled at me for a full hour, lecturing me that the neighbor wasn't a good influence since he was twenty at the time, and that I was never to see him again. We were leaving for a three day trip to New York on the same night, and it had been extremely quiet and awkward in the car. But now, all I could think about was how Harry let me walk out that door without even saying goodbye or have fun. He left me completely with his friend after the fight we had, but now I knew why.

He's never loved me. He doesn't even care about me.

The numbness in my chest sinks, but I push the harmful thoughts away. My only way out of here, anyway, would be to jump down the twenty-three stories, which I've considered on the first night here. I got a little bit scared once I looked down the window, my legs already passed through, so I walked back in and closed the window.

"I know that Harry is my best friend, but I don't always approve of his choices," she points out with a frown. "Clearly, he doesn't know where to put his priorities and how to control his anger."

"Please don't talk about him. Nothing he did is his fault," I whisper as a chill runs down my spine.

Lou sighs, glancing at Liam over her shoulder, who doesn't seem to want to be part of this. He shakes his head knowingly, since every conversation he's tried to have with me since I got here has been turned down. "Honey, what he did -"