Nova & Lumînous (Background 3)

A loud bang came ringing through her ears, it echoed over and over again in her mind. There was blue frosting splattered over the ground running away from the sound in the form of footprints.

It wasn't any of their enemies for the prints were bird like. Someone on the inside was there, just recently. The queen would walk past her without even bothering to investigate the sound. She left just like that.

Now Midnight wasn't going to tell her about this print data, she could get in trouble if they were spied on, but she wasn't so concerned. In fact she hoped she was caught.

Someone needed to put an end to what was going on. But that didn't mean she wasn't going to try figuring out who it was. But for now, she had a new potion to make, hopefully she could get her sister some form of magic even if it's not useful.

__________________________________________________

Novakin was walking through the land of candy known as Candyland, stories were told to him, of it's sun brighter than any other. In Candyland everything was made of sweets, what a surprise. He saw the popcorn tree, dripping it's incredible butter, he was so close to taking a bite when suddenly the world faded.

And now his delicious tree went away and he found himself out of dream, being aggressively shaken awake by his younger sister. He sat up while swatting her away while she hopped back and forth on each leg.

"Nova! Nova!" She shouted at him, "You will not believe what I just saw!" He looked out the window, it was so early, the sun hadn't even come up. He found himself surrounded by hatred and slammed himself back into his pillow covering the blanket over his entire body.

Lumînous groaned loudly trying to pull the blanket away, he only pulled back. "Now is not the time to be cranky!" She won the battle and stole the blanket away from him. He only covered his face with his arms and tried to go back to sleep.

Lumînous had grabbed onto his leg and pulled him completely out of the bed causing him to yelp. She always had an odd strength he'd always forget about, for being the younger sibling it annoys him so.

She let go and he stood up shakily. Nova harshly pointed at the window, "It couldn't wait until the sun was up?" He mumbled to her tiredly but there was poison in his words.

She shoved him to the side. "I said no cranky." She smiled putting her hands on her hips smuggly while he tried to keep himself from falling.

He sighed dramatically, "What is it?" She in response, let out a long high pitched squeal, hopping back and forth again. "Are you done?" He groaned.

"You don't understand!" She started, "I've figured out everything!" Everything?  What does that even mean? Lumînous grabbed him, sitting him down, and then sitting next to him herself. "Midnight is evil!" She cried out.

"What...? Evil?" Nova tilted his head, this was one way to wake up. Where was his Candyland when he needed it? Lumînous started nodding quickly.

"Our powers are totally fake, she created them so that we would have to do princess and prince stuff instead of her." It was true Midnight didn't have very good magic of her own. She had to resort to potions instead of getting her powers stronger. But Midnight took pride in being royal, so Lumînous had to be wrong.

"That's ridiculous Lumînous. My powers come from my phoenix side that I earned on my birthday. And I don't know why you said 'our powers' when you don't have any." Was that mean of him to say? When she found that out she was crying originally. He jumped up and made eye contact ready to immediately apologize.

However, she was grinning wide. "I know! I'm supposed to get them from mom and Midnight. But it won't work because now I know their plan." That was a weird response. Why was she suddenly happy? "Okay well what is this plan?" He crossed his arms still making that eye contact.

"I just told you," she frowned. "To give me magic and make me do boring royal stuff with you." That wasn't even a plan. He narrowed his glare deciding that's exactly what he should say. "That's not a pla-" The doorknob started turning.

"She's here! She'll make me boring like you!" Lumînous wisper-yelled. This whole thing got worse by the second, there was no way Midnight or mom was here to give Lumînous magic to be evil. And he was not boring.

Lumînous dashed into her closet before the door had time to open. Behind it stood Midnight. Oh. Weird. He thought.

_______________________________________________________________

When she opened the door she saw what she thought she might, something wrong. Novakin was sitting down not asleep, blanket thrown on the floor. Her eyes darted to the other bed lying empty in the room. Could it have been Lumînous spying?  "Where's your sister?" She spook to Nova.

"Right in front of me." He responded with a chuckle. Don't be annoying. Why couldn't her siblings ever just do what she wanted them to? "I meant Lumînous." She muttered quietly. Nova shrugged in response.

"She left not too long ago to go to the bathroom. You will not BELIEVE how loud she left. I'm surprised you didn't already know because of it." Nova smiled sweetly at her. He was a good liar.

She wasn't going to call him out just yet. "The bathroom you say?" She watched as Nova glanced over at the closet door for a second. "Exactly, why do you ask though?" He looked back at her.

Midnight looked at the closet herself. "Because you know you're both are supposed to be asleep." Nova gasped, surprised. "Oh you're right! I almost forgot. Goodnight then!" He picked up his blanket and lied down. She heard him whispering something to himself.

It wasn't only them for she was also supposed to be asleep, if she wasn't working on the potion that is. She can't be suspicious now.

"Goodnight..." She muttered out with slight annoyance and closed the door. She'll figure out everything that's going on, that's something she had in common with her younger sister, neither of them liked being kept in the dark.

Her mother knew everything, when she didn't know enough for herself.