Chapter 6: Matthew Lee Espinosa

Luna's POV:
I woke up with the biggest headache imaginable. "What the hell happened last night?" I asked Aviana who was sitting on the couch, "You, along with everyone else, got drunk." "And you didn't?" "I did but not enough to get drunk off my ass like you." She laughed  "Well that was my first time drinking an I'm not doing it ever again if this is the result." I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. "Would you like some Advil and water?" Ave asked "yes please." I got up and followed her into the kitchen. I threw the pills in my mouth and chugged the water. We decided to wake up the guys who were sprawled across the living room floor. "Who's party was that last night anyways?" I asked for anyone to answer "Matthew Espinosa." Nash said. I nearly choked on my water "excuse me?" "Do you know him?" Jack J asked "yeah. He was my first best friend and then he moved an never talked to me again. Pretty damn good best friend huh?" I looked to the floor "oh than you won't like the fact that he's coming over today then." I looked at Aviana with a glare "what?" "Yeah Nash invited him over." "Whatever I'll be a work anyways."
-*-*-*-*
1:30pm
Shawn and I are chilling at my house because I have to work. "I'm gonna go get ready for work." I kiss his cheek and walk upstairs. I work as a surfing instructor, I was a lifeguard last year but my boss saw me surf one day and asked if I wanted the job. I put one my work uniform which was blue and white board shorts and a blue polo. I run back downstairs "okay I'm leaving now. Kiss me." Shawn laughs and pecks my lips "oh. Are we going to to Nash and Cams after your shift?" Shawn asks "sure if you want to." I say before slipping out my back door. I walk to the main life guard post and clock in. "Are you ready to teach a bunch of little hooligans how to surf?" Chase says. Chase is one of the life guards and he's like and older brother to me. He 6'4, has dirty blonde hair, is super tan, and has blue eyes. Yes he's attractive just not my type, plus he's 18. I laugh at his comment "as ready as I'll ever be."
-*-*-*-*
6:45pm
My two sessions were over and I was exhausted. Working with kids all day is tiring. I start to walk back home when I spot Shawn sitting in the sand. "What are you doing babe?" I giggle "I was waiting for you so we could walk together." He got up, interlaced our hands, and we walked. I felt him glance at me every now and then as I talked about how work was. "Staring is rude ya know?" I say seeing if he will notice "w-what? Oh... Yeah sorry. It's just you're so stunning it's unbelievable." I feel my cheeks heat up "you're adorable Shawn." I say as we walk up to my house "I'm going to go change and then we can leave." I went to my room, grabbed high waisted shorts and a floral skin tight cropped top, I slipped on my maroon vans and went back downstairs. "Ready babe." Shawn hopped up from the couch and grabbed his keys
-*-*-*
We walk into Nash and Cams house and Matt was standing there talking to Jack G. My breath hitched in my throat and I ran and hid behind the kitchen counter. "Shawn, man, how are you doing." Matt said "Good bro." Shawn said back and they started a little conversation. "Why are you hiding." I nearly jumped out of my skin. "Cameron! You scared the shit out of me!" I hit his  shoulder "I'm hiding from Matt." I laugh "you cant hide forever. He's staying for a week." "Are you fucking kidding? You know what he did!" I whisper tell "Ave where is Luna." I hear Shawn ask "Behind the kitchen counter." She says. I slowly get up and walk out from behind the counter and shoot Ave a glare. She puts her hands up in surrender, "L-Luna, how have you been?" Matt asks "wouldn't you like to know." I say coldly "I've been meaning to contact you." "For eight fucking years Matt?" I say through my teeth "not here Luna please." "Then where Matt?" I get up and go up to Aviana's room. I sit on her bed thinking when I hear a knock "go away Matt." I say "no we need to talk." He opens the door and comes in uninvited. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't contact you while I was in Virginia." "Sorry doesn't help get back the years I didn't come out of my room because I lost my best friend my only friend. Sorry doesn't help take away the pain I went through. Did you feel pain Matt?" He shook his head "I just wanted a start over Luna." "So you cut me out of your life?!? You knew you were my only friend. You knew everyone hated the school nerd. And still no phone calls, texts, not even a letter." At this point I was crying pretty hard "you didn't even tell me that you come to Cali every summer! You didn't bother to come see me! I loved you Matthew! You were the first guy to ever talk to me! You were the first person I ever loved! I never told you before because I was scared, scared of rejection, scared of hurt. But guess what! I got that anyways I--" I was cut off by my his lips crashing into mine, I push him off. "What the hell Matt?!?" I tell "I thought you said you love me?" "LOVED! Past tense. I'm dating Shawn now." He looks down to the floor "oh." "Look Matt, it will take time for me to forgive you. I went through so much pain and you didn't bother to call and see if was okay." I lifted his chin so I could look into his eyes "I understand." He whispered and engulfed me into a hug. The hugs that I longed for all those years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note:
I love Matt yes but I had to out some spice into the story. Do you think the Matt will get in the way of Shuna? I Will be updating this story again on Friday as well so yes I should be your favorite now.

VOTE&COMMENT

Love ya!
-Belle💕xx