Who we used to be

You were my bestfriend. Why did you change?

I fell in love with a boy that has the same smile and drove the same truck but who am I laying next to now?

I stare at a picture of you from high school hanging in your room. I start to cry. You ask why I am crying and I say " That's my bestfriend... I really miss him" then you leave the room.

I have screenshots on my phone of the messages you used to send me, telling me you love me. When did you stop?

I want to report a missing person. My missing person. If your reading this please come back to me.

Your younger self promised that you would never leave me. I know we didn't breakup but why did you have to go?

I want to go back in time. I don't love this person.

I can't leave. What if my sweet boy comes back? I have to wait for him but what if he never comes back.

I feel like a widow for someone that didn't die. Like I haven't stopped mourning a person that's sitting beside me.

You used to tell me the guys I dated in high school weren't good enough for me. I wonder what the younger you would have said about yourself now.

I wish I could run to you. I wish I could feel safe again. You used to be the only one who made me feel safe. Now I'm always scared.

I hate you for so many things but mostly I hate you for taking the person I loved most in this world away from me.