Chapter 6 Hidden confessions

TW: None, maybe slight angst though?

...

...

...

As Lizbeth was finished creating Kirito's new sword, she called him over to hand it to him, she asked him how it was, and if it was good enough for him.

"Well? What do you think? It's now going to be my newest masterpiece... I um called i-it the Dark Repulser" - Liz

"..." - You

"Hmm" – Kirito

"It feels nice, good weight" – Kirito

"..." – You (You're just watching)

"???" – Liz (She's nervous)

"I..." – Kirito

"?" – You

"Yeah?..." – Liz

"I love it, it feels amazing! Nice work"

"U-Uh thanks!"

"Good for you Liz..." – Uh oh... Do I sense jealousness from you???

Suddenly, Asuna appeared through the front door of the workshop.

"Gah! Liz! How have you been?! Are you all good? Did Kirito do anything to you??? Because if he did..."

"Uh! No! I didn't!?"

"Hmm..."

"Yeah... he didn't do anything to me Asuna you can calm down..."

"Oh yeah! Y/n, how are you? I just noticed you're in here as well"

"Uh... been doing ok I guess"

"That's good to hear"

"So um... do we go or?"

"Kirito! Where are your manners!? Say thank you to Liz!"

"Huh? You two... know each other?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh-

Lizbeth's face, which was happy and bright a few moments ago, suddenly dropped into a slight frown, she looked like she was going to cry any moment. You knew how that felt for her, it must be sad on her...

You couldn't help but leave the room to give the 3 some space, as you yourself were struggling with those feelings being held in your heart. It was a heavy feeling, a dark and deep feeling, so heavy, you could drop any moment...

...

...

...

As Lizbeth excused herself from the workshop leaving Asuna to cover for her, Kirito headed out and decided to try and find her. You too also went and hide, making sure you could get a glimpse of Kirito and Lizbeth talking together.

You couldn't hear much, but you got something out from the two of their conversation...

"Hey... Liz?"

"I don't understand..."

"Huh? What is it?"

Lizbeth gets to her feet and looks Kirito in the eye with tears streaming from her face.

"It's not fair, why, why, why?..."

"Liz?"

"No... I'm fine..."

"Ok?..."

"How did you find me anyway?"

"I went to the clock tower, it's the highest point from the town so it's easier to see from there"