Chapter 18

Erza's POV

Dammit, I wanted to stay with Mira. I follow the kid after she dragged me out to get more food to cook. The great part is that she decided to bring her (girl)friend. They aren't actively talking but are walking side-by-side enjoying each other's presence.

"Hey kid?"

"Yeah?" She turns her head momentarily before slowing down to meet my pace.

"Why bring me?"

"Why? Are you going through another wave of self-doubt?" She sounded worried as she turned to me walking sideways now. Thankfully Chelia isn't butting in, not that she isn't worried if her expression isn't a big show for it.

"No, I kind of wanted to stay..." Wendy gives me a questioning look before Chelia whispers into her ear and realization washes over her face.

"For?" She says with a bit of a snarky tone. I frown in response at her teasing.

"For Mira, " I whisper enough for Wendy only to hear. She smiles and makes an awing noise before giggling.

When we finally get there, she lists off things we need, Chelia offered to get an order on the beef, pork, and chicken we needed. Wendy didn't seem to like leaving her alone, hehe you being a dragonslayer must be great right now. She didn't crowd her, forcing herself to control instincts. We went to get the veggies which was across the store.

"So, Mira?" Wendy says with a smirk.

"So, Chelia?" I retort.

"Fair, umm..." She turns and grabs a few crowns of broccoli.

"What are you guys making?" I ask her while gathering several onions.

"It was just going to be a steak we planned but I think we are just making that for us now. For you guys, " she reaches for a bag of carrots, " I was thinking stir fry or maybe dumplings." She shrugs as we continue through the aisles to gather ingredients. I snag a few strawberry boxes of the few that are left and a pack of lime-raspberry soda. We meet up with Chelia who has gotten most of the meat and is trying to find the other cuts Wendy and Gajeel wanted. Wendy sneaks up on her and scares her slightly which causes Chelia to spin around and knee her.

"Oh shit, Wendy I'm so sorry!" She drops to the floor on her knees and pulls a groaning Wendy into a hug. I chuckle and add our stuff, I had been using my telekinesis to carry them, to the cart. After several minutes of Chelia apologizing as she helps Wendy get to her feet and then pulling her into a big hug, while I got the other meat cuts, we finally head to the check out.

"Why would you scare me like that Wen? I hit you pretty bad, are you sure you don't want me to heal you?" Chelia asks Wendy. I am putting the things in bags as the kid pays.

"I'm sorry but it was funny, I did get what was coming for me though." Wendy chuckles trying to brush off Chelia's attempts at healing her. Oh, come on kid, let her heal you she's worried. At some point Chelia grabs Wendy by her arm as we are walking back to Gajeel's house and stops her there.

"Erza go on ahead, I'm going to heal Wendy, especially since her walking is off." Chelia gives a threatening smile to Wendy, and I nod and smile.

"Okay, but don't take too long, its cold out here." She nods at me, Wendy is starting to sweat in fear, and I speed up while heading back with all the groceries. I can hear Chelia speaking more calmly to Wendy after I got farther. Must have realized that she was coming off as aggressive and triggering the kid's anxiety. That's very thoughtful of her, they are pretty close huh. I get back to the house after some time and knock on the door to be let in. Mira answers the door, heart stop beating fast please and I don't want these butterflies it doesn't let me think straight. I notice her looking around as she looks confused as to where the kids are.

"They are like 3 roads down, Chelia accidentally kneed Wen after the kid scared her in the store and it seemed to be bruising pretty bad, " I say before she has the chance to speak. A sigh of relief escapes her as I direct the groceries inside with my telekinesis. Quickly I feel two arms rapped around my waist and a head in the crook of my neck. I look down to see Mira hugging me randomly which confused me. And put me on a timer until I have a heart attack. "Did Gray insult you again? Natsu mess up another art piece? Are you guys watching a sad rom com? are Bixslow and Evergreen flirting with your siblings again?" I panic asking her those questions but all she does is chuckle.

"No, " she pulls away a bit just enough to look up to me, "I just wanted to hug you." She smiles up at me sheepishly and I smile back. Lords her smile is infectious and beautiful. I wrap my arms around her and bring her back into a hug as we just stand at the doorway. We get lost in time there for a bit until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Wendy, with a smirk, and Chelia who is giggling at me and Mira. I pull away slowly and push Mir inside so the kids can come in. I grab her a lime-raspberry soda and myself one of the energy drinks as we rejoin the couch group taking turns at the videogame that is running. I get passed the remote a few times and beat the boys in the game all thanks to playing this with Wen.

At some point I feel a weight leaning on my left side, I look and see Mira leaning on me as she watches the screen with a smile. I make eye contact with Lucy who is glaring at me as I try to readjust my seating. She does a motion looks like putting her arm around someone- oh. I turn my head back to the TV and I feel color rise to my face as I put my arm around Mira. Why would I do this, head and heart are pounding, what does she think? I feel Mira put more of her weight into me as if to be relaxing and I turn back to Lucy who is giving me a thumbs up with a goofy smile. I glare at her which causes her to squeak and Natsu to turn his attention from his current game to ask Lucy what was wrong. I lean into Mira with a smile as Laxus takes the controller to try the game after Natsu got 'Game Over' and try beat the hardest level for the "20th time" as Gray and Natsu complained. This is nice, and life threatening with how fast my heart is beating.

Mira's POV

Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, FREED YOUR SMILE ISN'T HELPING. I take a peak of Erza who put her arm around me after I finally made a move to get closer to her. My face is really red and I can only feel more heat come to it when Erza leans into me. I took a sip of my soda and just watched Erza's face as she enjoyed the company of the people around her. I glare back at Freed until Laxus loses again when he leans back and raps his arm around Freed turning the green haired mage also into a tomato... and now he's smirking at me for this. I smile back with a smug grin as what he just did hits him as he removes his arm and moves his gaze strictly on the TV. This is going to be a very long night.