chapter 1

El Arte de Vencer see Aprende en las Derrotas - "The Art of Winning is Learnt Through Losses"

Esteban:18
Shanza:14

An armed guy opens the door of the wooden frame, gives a curt nod, and steps aside so I can enter the big hall engraved with shiny wallpapers and a metallic smell hits my lungs. this is the second time I am visiting this place the first time was not decent either.
A couple of weeks ago father had engaged with some quite important business with the head of the Bloodhound mafia. And it was decided to keep a formal dinner to introduce both the families. The bloodhounds were known for hunting .They chased, and they never failed at it .Father knew it was dangerous to be associated with them because there had been wars in the past between the bloodhounds and the Al- Khulris.
I was the only heir of the Al-Khulris. It was out of my mind that I will be attending a dinner here again after what had happened the last time .but still I was here in the hall starting at these paintings I didn't know what they meant or what they portrayed. I had heard that the artist spoke through his art. not me though I never spoke I had always been silent in ways I could be and that was my power, to be the silent observer.
My mom died in a skiing accident when I was seven, And my father mourned her loss, he had loved her and her departure had broken him. The man had cried, Zafar Al-Khulris ,had shed tears for the love of his life but he kept it together for my sake, he raised me. Put rid of it over my head and took possible measures to bring me up. Father had believed in me when he didn't even believe in himself, he had praised me when he was at the edge of breaking, and all I wanted to do was make him smile. But he never did he just nodded at all my achievements he would look up at me and I knew at every sight that he was proud of me. and I did not want to fail him at that.
That is why I agreed to come here to meet the bloodhounds, needless to say, I felt anxious about meeting them, especially Nikolas's bloodhound's sons. The most priced possession of my father's enemies. If Nikolas made my father happy by striking a deal, I'll do my best to support my father. but I wanted no part in the mafia. its dad's choice tho, me on the other hand, I am going to continue my studies.
Standing in that hall covered in rich scents and the impressive staircase I feel like a rabbit that is going to be hunted. I glance around the doors that swing open only to reveal my father passing through them.
"Shanza, my heart" hearing him call me my heart always calmed me .my head turns towards the source of the voice and dad hugs me a little too long. is he scared? I feel like it. but until I am with him I am safe that is sure as hell. Dad looks decent in his black colored suit a little grey hair starting right at the black ones.
"Abi" I grin as I move away from the hug, smiling at him.
"You look gorgeous" stepping back he makes a show of taking in the dress.
"Tonight is important " he confesses.
"I'd be far away from a disappointment," I say.
He taps my head and then we move towards the dining hall which I suppose is on the left side.
Even though the rooms and the corridors are lit up I still feel the darkness seeping into my stomach. The nervousness is mainly because I dread meeting Esteban the eldest son of Nikolas. since the head of the bloodhound had decided to retire his son would be the heir to all his belongings. the prince of Huzdar was under brutal training all these years so that he could take over, as the future mafia king of the region.
He had two younger brothers too, Daniel who was the same age as me, and Ruhan who was 10. I did l research about the whole family, well it was not easy to find out the darkest truths about the mafia family by googling them so I had used my means and talent of course to master them.
Their mother the former queen was of Turkish origin and nobody knew that. she remained in her room and didn't meet anyone except the family.
I doubted that she would be there to host the dinner.
I already feel uncomfortable but still have to pull up confidence, I may not have the best body as I am a little too skinny, but I know my mom had gifted me her beautiful features for which I was thankful.
When Nikolas' eyes sit on me I tilt up my chin a little, he comes down the stairs
"Princess shanza" he smiles.
" Welcome"
I force a sweet smile to my face.
" thank you Mr bloodhound" he looks up to dad
" soon we will be acquaintances " he teased.
"You can call me Nik" he grinned.
The back door opens and I glance over my shoulders to look at the entrance and my jaw dropped. A stunning and she meant a stunning goddess of a woman walked towards them, a gentle smile on her perfect face 'Layla' was bloodhounds wife, and the mother to his children, the one who did not attend guests she was standing right there.
" Look at the mess " the woman scolded then the Queen walked inside the room
" Sorry Ma we are late " a husky voice with a slight edge came to my ears .It was Daniel as I supposed he looked the same age as me and tho he looked like a mess.
Then my eyes glanced at another figure in the doorway and my eyes locked, with the figure.
" glad to see you here uncle Zafar, Daniel said.
He has a friendly face and reassuring voice that can easily set a person at ease.
I glance back at Daniel only to find out my eyes roaming over the room again to find the same pair of eyes. Those eyes snapped away from mine, and I felt something heat up on my cheeks.
" What happened?" The bloodhound demanded his second son. And then Esteban walked into the house.
And then my eyes zoom in to his shirt, stained in blood, not like I had an accident ' kind of stain but ' i killed someone' stain my eyes glide over his sleeves, this boy he doesn't look like a boy he is a strong young man. one could tell even by looking at his arms. He started undoing his cuffs and then unbuttoning his shirt he looked at me again and brown amber eyes struck like a lightning at me. all while exposing his chest that I can only describe as holy freaking shit. Golden skin spans over his muscles and he effortlessly rips the shirt off.
He killed someone.
My conscience says.
Yes, he did, what else do you expect from a beast of a boy and the future mafia king?
He is tall, the tallest in the room and the magnificence he holds could be smelled in the air, his hair is ruffled and messy just like Daniels, but his sharp jawline and high cheekbones make him look ethereal. and his eyes are the color of the darkest woods- sending my heart to a terrifying corner that robs my breath away-taking every inch of the details in a few seconds I break the contact.
Instinctively I move closer to my dad who pats my shoulders, knowing what I was seeing.
Hands covered in blood
For the first time, I had the urge to throw up everything inside my stomach at someone's face and it happened to be the beautiful one with high cheekbones.
The most feared man in the city and I have to be acquaintances with him?
God help me
This looks so bad to me.
He might be a prince but I won't accept any man over my head who is ruthless enough to end a life.
Just laying eyes on him for a mere second has fear tricking down my body and rage forming up in my chest, the fierce air radiating from him sweeps across the room and it has me swallowing hard.
Nikolas' eyes swap towards him making him look like an eagle ready to attack its prey
"Esteban?"

Press the ⭐
And pls let me know your thoughts about the story it would mean alot 💗