chapter 6:

It took Daniel two days to land here, and I need to meet him now. Without letting anyone doubt the issue.

I wait for him at the restaurant where he had told me to come, it took quite a while because I had dodged my guards outside and they weren't willing to leave me alone.

crimson was the place, I knew it too well and had spent many dinners and luncheons at this place to assist my father but every time I was surrounded by his men, this time this feeling felt foreign. looking at the main entrance I saw Daniel coming through the gate striding towards me, that cheesy smile never leaving his face. he was way too cheerful and joyous as compared to any other guy I believe would be in a mafia. he nodded at me. 

my eyes trailed to see another figure towering daniel, strolling behind him, composure and confidence reflecting from both of them as they led the way way to have a seat.

he had brought Esteban with him?

why had he even thought of him to come along with?

based on our recent encounters, I knew this guy didn't like me at all, moreover, I was sure that he hated me. and I hated him too because he had been nothing but a total asshole to me. well, but I am not going to disclose anything related to me, in front of him.
not a chance.

I raise my brow at daniel, giving him a questionable look.

" good to see you," he says.

"I am glad you are here"

they both settle down in their seats, eyes fixated on me.

"so, what's the matter?' Daniel asks.

"i- um can we talk in private?" the question leaves my mouth.

"We are in private" Esteban looks at me with a burning look, his voice burning with stillness.

I stare at him, and a few moments pass. Daniel is giving an odd look as if he can't understand what's going on between us. because I don't stop glaring and his brother is looking at me like he is challenging me.

"come on, we don't have any more time to waste," Esteban acts out his eyes never leaving mine.
This time I am truly just so caught up with my problem I don't notice how badly I didn't want to watch his face again but here I am.

"it's okay you can trust us" Daniel pipes in.

and gives me an encouraging look. so I start explaining the matter. they both listen to me tentatively.

" you hacked, the Scillions?" daniel shouts.

"goddammit, what were you even thinking?" he asks, trying to lower his voice but it doesn't turn off the shock from his face.

Esteban hasn't even given a hint of emotion, he is taking notice with a still face.

"I have no idea, I just did, and I don't know how to decrypt it and put it back. it already had too many pins and I don't know who should I go to. I thought you will guide me a little and I don't want anyone to know about this..." I trail off explaining myself.

Daniel stands up rubbing his hands on his, trying to relax he sits back again.

" Look, the matters are going bad between the Scillions and the Bloodhounds, and you have no idea how dangerous it is. first of all, if they get only a hint that this has been done by you, they would come to reciprocate, and you don't want to know how much destruction will be caused" he tells me and then looks at Esteban as if telling him to continue but he just nods and takes a sip of water.

Daniel continues"we are on the verge of having a war with them and the total suspects would be leaded towards us, we must end this before it starts. look you give all the data records to us and then we'll figure out and let you know" he presses his lips together.

" Okay, I will send the files to you, how long are you going to stay here?"

"Baba had sent us to keep our eyes on the business here, so until he calls us back. maybe we'll stay for quite a while" Daniel asserts.

" do you have your laptop?" the voice of sinful memory says.

"yes "

" give it to me, ill have a look, "his jaw set.

"I am not giving it to you" I would never give it to him, no matter if he thinks he has my secret I won't give him anything else in my life.

"Shanza listens, Esteb knows how to operate this kind of situation, I am sure he will fix it. But you need to trust him. He's a pro" daniel smiles and I give a harsh glance to Esteban.

am I going to trust him when he told me to stay away from his brother a couple of years ago? he is delusional if he thinks so.

" why can't we hire someone else? "I ask

"anyone else would leak the news to your father," Esteban inserts gritting his teeth.

"only on one condition, you will be responsible for returning it, I am not going to meet anyone without my father's permission "I confess.

both of them glanced at each other.

the situation seemed to be a little easier now.

after lunch, II got back to my car pulling up my laptop to hand it over to them. daniel ad already sat back in the SUV while Esteban stood there waiting for me.

once I reached him I made sure to let him know" if you use anything against me, you will see hell before your eyes" I warned him

"what if I do?" he mocked.

"you won't dare" I raise y brows done with this man

"It was a pleasure meeting you again" yeah right. I doubt it was rage instead of pleasure.

There was a moment of silence around us, I studied him for a second, and his eyes narrowed slightly without any emotion. for long moments he just looked at me waiting for me to hand it to him, when I did, the staring was not over; he just looked at me with those eyes melting inside the browns and black. At that moment I realized how fast my heart was beating, silence caging between the bodies at a distance, my words dying in my lungs as he looked,  an intense gaze, something burning inside him, or maybe it was just the closeness. but it was there, like the sound of clattering in a rain.

slowly, after a long second his hand came to mine trying to steady the hold on my laptop my hands trembling as I stood there.his thumb slowly traced my palm, eyes locked. His rough thumb caressed the soft skin there like a caress and then as fast as it had come it was away, in a split of second electricity jolting up in my hand through the veins and searing into the body.

noticing the rings of honey in his eyes, the long lashes as he blinked and turned away. I stood there, trying to figure out what the hell it was. but the only conclusion was that almost after so much time I could feel something lighten up in the dark pathway of my life.

Hey guys ,
Another chapter in the making.
Just to make things clear this is going to be a slowburn so yall need to wait and watch , but i am so excited for yall to meet the part when they get along with each other *sobs in lower lettercase*

What are your thoughts about esteban?is he going to helpmshanza or is he going to use her? *Evil laugh*
How much time do you think will it take for shanza's heart to melt for him? *Smirks*
I love daniel and shanzas friendship do you?
Press vote and comment down your thoughts.
Your engagement will cheer me up and who knows i will.update real quick?